Big Time Movie
||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (January 2015)|
|Big Time Movie|
|Genre||Comedy, Spy film, Action film|
|Distributed by||Paramount Pictures (Nickelodeon)
Columbia Pictures (Sony Music)
|Directed by||Savage Steve Holland|
|Written by||Scott Fellows|
Carlos Pena, Jr.
Stephen Kramer Glickman
|Music by||Guy Moon|
|Editing by||Stewart Schill|
|Production company||Pacific Bay Entertainment Canada
Pacific Bay Entertainment
|Original channel||Nickelodeon Network|
|Running time||68 minutes|
Big Time Movie is a film adaptation based on the Nickelodeon television series, Big Time Rush, which aired March 10, 2012 (in the US). It features the members of Big Time Rush (aka the TV show and the band members) visiting London for their world tour, where they also have to save the world.
Kendall, James, Carlos, and Logan are on their plane ride to London, their first stop for their tour. They finally start off as they join Penny in a black spy van with an AI, while Gustavo and Kelly worry about what the boys are up to like causing trouble while they are away from them.
Meanwhile, Gustavo and Kelly are being mad at for the boys being late for their soundcheck rehearsal, and end up doing their best to find them. Meanwhile for the storyline of Katie and Mrs. Knight, they were having their pastime with the Duke Of Bath which Katie really wants her mom to fall in love with over the pastime so Katie can become a princess like in her dream. While everyone's busy, (Gustavo and Kelly being tortured at the HQ) and (Katie and Mrs. Knight having pastime with the Duke Of Bath), the guys, including Penny disguise themselves so they could get past Moon's crew through the park so they could carefully get to the soundcheck. They don't really get to the park safely-they get into problems, like being chased by fans, being chased by a dog, and more. After the boys finish their soundcheck, they meet up with Penny backstage and rush to the field where Moon's helicopter landed. However only the boys see Moon, Penny Wants to assault Moon to make sure he losses. The MI6 Agency figure out Moon's plan and try to stop him but can't because Moon is jamming communication signals so no one gets in his way. After the boys manage to defeat Moon and save Katie, the MI6 agents arrive at the scene to give the boys a helicopter ride to Hyde Park just in time for the boys to finally start their world tour.
- Kendall Schmidt as Kendall Knight
- James Maslow as James Diamond
- Carlos Pena, Jr. as Carlos Garcia
- Logan Henderson as Logan Mitchell
- Ciara Bravo as Katie Knight
- Challen Cates as Mrs. Knight
- Stephen Kramer Glickman as Gustavo Rocque
- Tanya Chisholm as Kelly Wainwright
- Emma Lahana as Penny Lane
- Teach Grant as the Concert Promoter
- Christopher Shyer as Agent Lane, an MI6 agent.
- Trevor Devall as Sir Atticus Moon, a millionaire businessman and the main antagonist.
- John DeSantis as Maxwell, henchman of Atticus Moon.
- Garry Chalk as MI6 agent #1
- Emily Holmes as MI6 agent #2
Big Time Movie averaged 12.4 million total viewers and ranked as the week’s (3/4/12-3/11/12) number-one telecast with kids 2-11 (6.1/2.2 million), kids 6-11 (8.9/1.9 million) and tweens 9-14 (8.2/1.7 million). Over the whole weekend, Big Time Movie reached over 13.1 million total viewers.
The Big Time Movie Soundtrack - EP is the official soundtrack of the movie which features six songs from The Beatles. It was released on March 6, 2012. because it sold over 10,000 copies in its first week, it debuted at number 44 on the top 200 charts in March, and also reached number 2 on the iTunes pop albums chart becoming a hugely popular release.
Awards & Honors
The movie received a nomination at the 65th Directors Guild of America Awards for Outstanding Directing in a Children's Program. It was also ranked the 4th Best Movie Overall of 2012 as voted by viewers on Hit Zone Hit List.
- Help! (The Beatles cover)
- Can't Buy Me Love (The Beatles cover)
- We Can Work It Out (The Beatles cover)
- Revolution (The Beatles cover)
- A Hard Day's Night (The Beatles cover)
- I Want to Hold Your Hand (The Beatles cover)
- "Ratings - Nickelodeon's "Big Time Movie" Scores Top Spot for the Week With Kids and Teens and Reaches 13 Million Total Viewers". The Futon Critic. 2012-03-13. Retrieved 2012-09-25.
- Big Time Rush - 'Big Time Movie' Comes to DVD, Accompanied by Nick's 'Rags'
- Big Time Movie Soundtrack - EP in the iTunes Store