Big Ugly Wildlife Management Area
|Big Ugly Wildlife Management Area|
|Wildlife Management Area|
Raccoon (Procyon lotor), is found in the
Big Ugly WMA
|Elevation||620 ft (189 m)|
|Area||6,000 acres (2,428.1 ha) |
|Management||West Virginia Division of Natural Resources|
|IUCN category||IV - Habitat/Species government Area|
|Nearest town||Logan, West Virginia|
|Website: WVDNR District 5 Wildlife Management Areas|
Big Ugly Wildlife Management Area is located on 3,061 acres (1,239 ha) near Logan in Lincoln County, West Virginia. The Big Ugly's steep terrain is covered with mixed hardwoods second growth woodlands. Camping is not allowed at Big Ugly WMA, but is available at nearby Chief Logan State Park.
From West Hamlin in Lincoln County, follow County Route 100 south to County Route 7. Turn north on County Route 7 (Greenshoal Road) to the community of Leet. At Leet, turn onto Laurel Fork Road and continue about 1 mile (1.6 km) to the Big Ugly WMA.
- WVDNR District 5 Wildlife Management Areas, Accessed May 3, 2008
- ACME Laboratories. ACME Mapper 2.0 (Map). http://mapper.acme.com/?ll=38.068889,-82.0725&z=13&t=T&marker0=38.068889,-82.0725,User:. Retrieved 2008-05-04.
- Wildlife Management Areas West Virginia Division of Natural Resources
- West Virginia Division of Natural Resources web site
- West Virginia Hunting Regulations
- WVDNR Map of Big Ugly Wildlife Management Area