Big on Love
|"Big on Love"|
|Single by Models|
|from the album Out of Mind, Out of Sight|
|B-side||Preacher from the Black Lagoon|
|Released||18 November 1984|
|Genre||New wave, rock|
|Writer(s)||Sean Kelly, Reggie Lucas|
|Models singles chronology|
Big on Love is a song by Australian new wave rock band Models. It was released as a single on 18 November 1984, well ahead of the album, Out of Mind, Out of Sight, which appeared in August the following year. It peaked at No. 24 on the Australian Kent Music Report Singles Chart in 1984. It was produced for Mushroom Records by Reggie Lucas, and was co-written by Sean Kelly, the group's lead guitarist and lead vocalist, and Lucas. For the single, Models line up was Kelly, James Freud on backing vocals and bass guitar, Roger Mason on keyboards, Barton Price on drums, and James Valentine on saxophone. They were joined on guest backing vocals by Sherine Abeyratne of Big Pig.
- McFarlane, Ian (1999). "Encyclopedia entry for 'Models'". Encyclopedia of Australian Rock and Pop. Allen & Unwin. ISBN 1-86448-768-2. Retrieved 13 September 2013.
- Kent, David (1993). Australian Chart Book 1970–1992. St Ives, NSW: Australian Chart Book Ltd. ISBN 0-646-11917-6. Note: Used for Australian Singles and Albums charting from 1974 until Australian Recording Industry Association (ARIA) created their own charts in mid-1988. In 1992, Kent back calculated chart positions for 1970–1974.
- Nimmervoll, Ed. "Models". Howlspace. Archived from the original on 28 July 2012. Retrieved 14 September 2013.
- "'Big on Love' at APRA search engine". Australasian Performing Right Association (APRA). Retrieved 14 September 2013.
- Holmgren, Magnus; Baird, Paul; Aubrey, Ross; Acosta, Lisa. "The Models". Australian Rock Database. Passagen (Magnus Holmgren). Archived from the original on 5 November 2013. Retrieved 1 March 2014.