|This article relies largely or entirely upon a single source. (October 2013)|
|This article appears to be a dictionary definition. Please rewrite it to present the subject from an encyclopedic point of view. If it cannot be turned into a full encyclopedia article in the near future, consider moving it to Wiktionary.|
|Part of a series on|
Bigender or bi-gender describes a person who feels they exhibit two genders. The two genders may include any particular gender on or outside of the gender spectrum. Some bigender individuals switch genders (Gender Switching), sometimes using different personas for either gender to feel comfortable in at any given time. It is recognized by the American Psychological Association (APA) as a subset of the transgender group.
- Schneider, M., et al. APA Task Force on Gender Identity, Gender Variance, and Intersex Conditions, 2008
- /r/DualGender - Dual Gender support and information forum on Reddit.com
- /r/genderqueer - Genderqueer support and information forum on Reddit.com
- Bigender.net - Discussion forum for Bigender individuals.
- ExperienceProject.com - Stories of Bigender lives and experiences on experienceproject.com
- Gender Neutral Body Map
- Gender Neutral Pronouns
- Gender Odyssey Family An annual conference in Seattle, USA for families who are working to navigate the day-to-day realities of raising a gender non-conforming or transgender child. The conference includes special programming for trans teens and youth.
- Gender Spectrum - Support and information site for families of transgender and gender non-conforming children and teens.
- SAGA Youth and Family - Support and advocacy program for transgender and gender-variant children and youth, their families, and their communities.
- Stuff Queer People Need To Know - A blog featuring a list of transgender and genderqueer links and support resources.