To Get to Heaven, First You Have to Die
|To Get to Heaven, First You Have to Die|
|Directed by||Jamshed Usmonov|
|Produced by||Denis Carot|
|Written by||Jamshed Usmonov|
|Music by||Pierre Aviat|
|Edited by||Jacques Comets|
|Distributed by||Elzévir Films, Rézo Films|
|4 October 2006|
Kamal, a young man, is trapped into a loveless marriage in a rural village. He moves to a big city to seek his fortune and falls in love with Vera, a beautiful woman who, alas, is married. However, having got involved with organised crime, he finds that her husband is one of the mafiosi for whom he works. He uses this to his advantage, seeing Vera more and more often.
The film débuted at the 2006 Cannes Film Festival on 23 May. It was released properly in France on 4 October of the same year, as well as being released in Poland, Estonia, Serbia, Mexico, Argentina and Hong Kong.
- Original Tajik: Bihisht faqat baroi murdagon - Биҳишт фақат барои мурдагон
- English: To Get to Heaven, First You Have to Die
- German: Um in den Himmel zu kommen muss man zuerst sterben
- French: Pour aller au ciel, il faut mourir
- Spanish: Para llegar al cielo primero hay que morir
- "Festival de Cannes: To Get to Heaven, First You Have to Die". festival-cannes.com. Retrieved 2009-12-14.
|This article about a 2000s crime drama film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Tajikistan-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|