|Elevation||38 m (125 ft)|
|• Official||Hindi, Magadhi|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Sex ratio||1000/892 ♂/♀|
|Precipitation||1,000 millimetres (39 in)|
Swami Sahajanand Saraswati's social and political activities were centered mostly in Bihar in the initial days, and gradually spread to the rest of India with the formation of All India Kisan Sabha.bihta is now called new patna. There is confluence (Sangam) of River Sone and River Ganga here. it is some where 16 km from Bihta city. 
Bihta is 35 km west of Patna and is a 1-hour drive from the capital. It is the strategic location named as greater patna and many real estate companies are investing over there.
IIT Patna's permanent campus is being built at Bihta, at a 500 acres (200 ha) site. Permanent campus plan of IIT Patna: http://www.iitp.ac.in/plan.html The foundation stone of the IIT Patna, Bihta Campus was laid by Kapil Sibal in 2011. It is currently under construction. Bihar government had already allotted 100 acres (40 ha) of land at Amhara village in Bihta to NIT Patna. There is Kendriya Vidyalaya,AFS. NSIT opened its new college in Bihta, which is now emerging as a new education hub in Bihar, in 2008. It is recognized by All India Council for Technical Education. NSIT has the huge infrastructure of 1,50,000 Sq.Ft of Built up area on approximately 12 Acres of land at Amhara, Bihta, Patna. Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar laid the foundation stone of an Employees State Insurance Corporation (ESIC) medical college and hospital in Bihta in September 2009. The 500-bed ESIC hospital and college is coming up on a 25-acre plot here at a cost of 523 crore.The medical college and hospital would become functional in a record time of two years. The first batch of MBBS students will be admitted in 2013. Union minister Kapil Sibal on June 3, 2013 laid the foundation stone of the permanent campus of National Institute of Electronics and Information Technology (NIELIT) at Bihta, When completed NIELIT would be first institute of its kind in the country with a mixture of hardware and software through the education of electronics and IT respectively. The new campus at Bihta will come up on 15 acres of land with 57.30 crore investment. NIELIT, Patna, would have linkages with other institutions in the state like IIT Patna and NIT Patna for conducting graduate, postgraduate and doctorate level formal courses in electronics, computer science and information technology. The new campus will also offer programmes in certificate, diploma and degree in various specialized areas in the IT sector. It will also offer courses in instrumentation, bioinformatics, information security, cyber laws, networking and other areas of IT.
As air traffic grows at Patna airport, also known as the Lok Nayak Jayaprakash Airport, the Central government is considering moving the facility outside Bihar's capital city to Bihta.According to senior government officials, negotiations are underway between the ministry of civil aviation and the air force to shift the airport from Patna to Bihta, which is a defence airfield 20 km away from the existing facility. Bihta has one airforce base station.
Real estate boom
The land price in this small town — 40 km west of Patna — has skyrocketed in the past few years because of the construction of a number of projects in the area like, including Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), National Institute of Technology (NIT), Employees' State Insurance Corporation (ESIC) Hospital and others. In a few years, Bihta would be to Patna what Gurgaon is to New Delhi. At present, a cottah (1,361sqft) of land is priced between 10 and 15 lakh. A few years ago, it was available for only 2-2.5 lakh. 25 acres of land have been acquired at Bihta in Patna district for setting up the (State Disaster Response Force ) SDRF headquarters and training centre.
Proposed IT Park
Logistic and Industrial Park (LIP) is slated to come up at Bihta (Patna) at the place where its sugar mill, closed for decades, existed. Work is in progress by a team led by officials of the IT department. Construction work will begin by mid-2013.Bihar government has acquired 25 acres for the IT park.IT giants like Infosys have shown interest for a plot near Bihta. Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) has already been assigned with the responsibility of developing a main data centre which will provide IT link to all government departments. The IT centre will formally be launched in March 2013 on the premises of Beltron Bhawan.A regional centre of National Institute of Electronics and Information Technology ( NIEIT) will also be developed at Bihta.The land for IT park has already been selected and bidding process for selection of consultancy company for promotion of IT park has almost completed. TCS, which has already opened its office in Patna, has been providing services for conducting online examinations for banking services and recruitment process by Central University of Bihar. NEECH Technology, Kolkata, is engaged in collecting data for social and caste census in Bihar and HP Education Services is engaged in providing IT skill development courses.
- ROSEMINE EDUCATIONAL TRUST (ROSEMINE ENGINEERING COLLEGE)BIHAR
A $35-million production facility of Cobra Beer,a premium beer brand promoted by Lord Karan Bilimoria was set up at Bihta in 2010. A closed sugar mill is going to be revived. Hero Cycles Ltd, part of the O P Munjal group, would start production at Bihta plant in Bihar from June 2014 to cater to different markets. 
- "Bihta, the upcoming satellite town of Patna". Bihartimes.in. Retrieved 2013-09-26.
- Sushma Chadha (2000-07-10). "A dull June for philatelists". Financial Express. Retrieved 2009-02-23.
- No ragging in IIT-Patna, says director The Times of India. Retrieved Aug 25, 2012
- Bihar acquires land for permanent IIT-P campus
- "IIT-Patna: Enough faculty for all". Business Standard. 2013-02-01. Retrieved 2013-09-26.
- "Kapil Sibal lays foundation of IIT-Patna campus - The Times of India". The Times Of India.[dead link]
- Kumar, Roshan (3 January 2012). "NIT frowns & accepts 100 acres". telegraphindia.com (Calcutta, India). Retrieved 6 January 2012.
- "Nitish Kumar suggests research on disaster management". The Times Of India. 2013-02-04.
- "1700 study at 7 government engineering colleges". Times of India. 25 January 2013. Retrieved 25 January 2013.
- Netaji Subhash Institute of Technology (Nsit), Netaji Subhash Institute of Technology (Nsit) Address, Admission, Netaji Subhash Institute of Technology (Nsit) Courses, Ranking...
- Welcome to NSIT
- "Meira lays stone for hospital at Bihta". The Times Of India. 2009-09-26.
- Sibal lays stone of IT college building, assures support for Bihar's special status demand The Times of India. Retrieved Jun 4, 2013
- National Institute of Electronic and Information Technology to be linked with other institutions The Times of India. Retrieved Jun 4, 2013
- "Ministry of civil aviation plans to shift Patna airport to Bihta, Bihar government batting for Nalanda - The Times of India". The Times Of India.
- "Patna Airport may be shifted to Bihta". daily.bhaskar.com. 2013-01-23. Retrieved 2013-09-26.
- "Bihta cleared for new airport in Patna". Hindustan Times. 28 August 2009. Retrieved 4 March 2012.
- "'Nalanda on airport radar, Bihta off '". The Telegraph (Calcutta, India). 2011-02-04.
- Security tightened in Bihta air force base after ISI threat
- Hoax call to Bihta air base, one arrested
- Kumar, Roshan (2012-05-21). "Real estate boom in suburbs - Land prices touch sky in Bihta". The Telegraph (Calcutta, India).
- "Work on SDRF hqs in progress at Bihta". The Times Of India. 2011-09-06.
- "Industrial Park at Bihta soon". The Times Of India. 2011-04-07.
- "Bihar to set up its first IT park - Tech News | Latest Technology News". Techgig.com. Retrieved 2013-09-26.
- "Infosys likely to set up centre in Bihar". The Times Of India. 2011-03-07.
- "Infosys likely to set up centre in Bihar". Zeenews.india.com. Retrieved 2013-09-26.
- "Infosys on its way to Bihar, likely to set up a development centre - Tech News | Latest Technology News". Techgig.com. Retrieved 2013-09-26.
- Sengupta, Joy (2012-09-16). "Promise of power funds to drive big-ticket business". The Telegraph (Calcutta, India).
- "TCS to develop data centre to connect government departments". The Times Of India. 2012-11-23.
- "TCS server in trade tax dept to be functional from Feb 10". The Times Of India. 2012-01-23.
- "Bihar plans to set up IRMB on the pattern of IRMA". Biharprabha News. Retrieved 25 September 2013.
- "Cobra to flow from Feb. 15". The Telegraph (Calcutta, India). 2012-02-10.
- "Bilimoria's Cobra beer snakes a growth trail". The Telegraph (Calcutta, India). 2012-04-09.
- Bhelari, Amit (2012-05-16). "Textile major ready to style new Bihar". The Telegraph (Calcutta, India).
- "Billimoria wants Bihar farmers to produce barley as he brews beer". Hindustan Times. 2012-02-20. Retrieved 2013-09-26.
- "Growth push with reality check Rs 60-cr Godrej plant in Hajipur". The Telegraph (Calcutta, India). 2012-05-20.
- "Bihar's global summit sees emotion, action and fights". Business Standard. 2012-02-22. Retrieved 2013-09-26.
- "Five closed sugar mills in state likely to be opened soon". The Times Of India. 2012-01-05.