|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
As of 2001[update] India census, Bijpur had a population of 9232. Males constitute 53% of the population and females 47%. Bijpur has an average literacy rate of 72%, higher than the national average of 59.5%; with male literacy of 79% and female literacy of 65%. 16% of the population is under 6 years of age. Here NTPC, the largest power generation utility in India, has set up a 2000MW thermal power generation utility and another 1000 MW is under construction (out of this 500 MW is already commercialized). The name of NTPC residential colony is Rihand Nagar. Also here is the famous Govind Vallabhpant Sagar, the backwaters of Rihand Dam in Uttar Pradesh.
There are three CBSE based Senior Secondary schools. They are:
1) Ram Awadh Singh Mahavidyalaya JARHAN BIJPUR SONEBHADRA 2) Dayanand Anglo Vedic. Sr. Sec. Public School
3) Kendriya Vidyalaya
4) St. Joseph's School 5) SUNFLOWER ENGLISH MEDIUM SCHOOL
1) Shiv Mandir (Rihand Nagar)
2) Hanuman Mandir (Bijpur)
3) Dudhiya Devi Mandir (Bijpur)
1) Dr. Girija Shankar Pandey 2) Nathi Ram Mangla 3) Vinod Gupta
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
|This Sonbhadra district location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|