Powell (29) receives the handoff from Greg McElroy in 2012
|No. 29 New York Jets|
|Date of birth:||October 27, 1988|
|Place of birth:||Lakeland, Florida|
|Height:||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
|Weight:||204 lb (93 kg)|
|High school:||Lakeland (FL) Lake Gibson|
|NFL draft:||2011 / Round: 4 / Pick: 126|
|Career highlights and awards|
Career NFL statistics as of Week 17, 2014
|Stats at NFL.com|
Bilal Powell (born October 27, 1988) is an American football running back for the New York Jets of the National Football League. He was drafted by the Jets in the fourth round of the 2011 NFL Draft. He played college football at Louisville.
As a senior at Louisville, Powell was named to the All-Big East Conference first team after rushing for 1,330 yards and 10 touchdowns in 11 games for the Cardinals. On October 15, Powell ran for a season high of 209 yards and 2 touchdowns against Cincinnati. Prior to the 2011 NFL Draft, Powell was invited to the 2011 Senior Bowl.
|Ht||Wt||Arm length||Hand size||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP||Wonderlic|
|5 ft 11 in||207 lb||30⅞ in||8¾ in||4.51 s||1.53 s||2.64 s||N/A s||N/A s||N/A in||N/A ft in||18 reps||N/A|
|Values taken from NFL Combine and Pro Day workout.|
New York Jets
Powell was drafted by the New York Jets in the fourth round with the 126th overall selection in the 2011 NFL Draft. Powell made his professional debut on November 17, 2011 against the Denver Broncos. Powell would finish the 2011 season by playing in only 2 games. In those 2 games Powell ran for 21 yards on 13 attempts and 1 reception for 7 yards.
Bilal Powell in week one of the 2012 NFL season had 3 rushes for 10 yards and 1 reception for 16 yards in a 48-28 Jets win over the Buffalo Bills. Powell got his first start at running back on September 30, 2012 against the San Francisco 49ers. He rushed for only 11 yards on 4 carries in 34-0 Jets loss. On November 18, 2012 the Jets faced the St.Louis Rams. Powell had 11 carries for 42 yards and had 2 touchdowns along with 2 catches for 18 yards. For Powell, all of these were career highs.
- BIG EAST Announces 2010 Postseason Football Honors BigEast.org
- Bilal Powell ESPN.com
- Bilal Powell headed to the Senior Bowl CardChronicle.com, December 10, 2010
- "Bilal Powell". NFL Draft Scout. Retrieved April 30, 2011.
- "Bilal Powell". National Football League. Archived from the original on April 30, 2011. Retrieved April 30, 2011.
- Cimini, Rich (April 30, 2011). "Rapid Reaction: Jets draft Powell in fourth". ESPN. Archived from the original on April 30, 2011. Retrieved April 30, 2011.
- "Jets' Bilal Powell returns from concussion last week to score first two career touchdowns". Nj.com. nj.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Bilal Powell.|