Bilbul, New South Wales
New South Wales
The Bilbul General Store
|Population||246 (2006 census)|
|LGA(s)||City of Griffith|
Bilbul is a village in the central part of the Riverina and situated about 6 kilometres north-east from Griffith and 6 kilometres south-west from Yenda. Bilbul was named in honor of William T Bull, an early landowner from the 1880s. The William Bull Brewery is located at Bilbul and named after William Bull, and thus indirectly also after Bilbul. The town had a population at the 2006 census of 246 people.
Bilbul Post Office opened on 6 November 1922.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (25 October 2007). "Bilbul (L) (Urban Centre/Locality)". 2006 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 13 June 2009.
- "Bilbul Naming". Parliament of NSW. Retrieved 2008-09-13.
- "Noble One". De Bortoli Wines. Archived from the original on 20 September 2008. Retrieved 2008-09-13.
- "Contact us". De Bortoli Wines. Retrieved 2008-09-13.
- Premier Postal History. "Post Office List". Retrieved 2009-06-11.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Bilbul, New South Wales.|