|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2011)|
|• Total||9 km2 (3 sq mi)|
|Elevation||4 m (13 ft)|
|• Density||57,000/km2 (150,000/sq mi)|
|• Official||Gujarati, Hindi|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Vehicle registration||GJ 21|
Bilimora is a city situated on the banks of the river Ambika, in Gandevi taluka and Navsari district of Gujarat state in India. The city comes under the purview of the Surat Metropolitan Region. The city is roughly 70 kilometres (43 mi) south of the city of Surat and is the southernmost point of the Surat Metropolitan Region and the Metropolis of Surat. It is also one the larger cities in the area. It is linked to Surat by SH 6 and SH 88.[clarification needed]
In the late 18th century, the Baroda State established a naval station at Bilimora, a port about 40 miles (64 km) south of Surat, known as Bunder Bilimora Suba Armor. A fleet of 50 vessels was stationed here, mostly sailboats, cargo vessels for trading and military vessels to secure the sea from the Portuguese, the Dutch and the French.
Bilimora is located at  It has an average elevation of 4 metres (13 ft). Bilimora is second largest city in Navsari district after Navsari city. The city is supposed to have been surrounded by three rivers: Ambica from the north, Kaveri River from south, and Karera River passes close by..
People and culture
Although Bilimora is in the state of Gujarat on political map it has lot of cultural influence of Mumbai which is 3 hours by train and 4 hours by road.
Bilimora is well connected through rail, road,& sea. It takes 3 hours maximum by train & 3 to 4 hours by road from Mumbai. The closest domestic airport is at Surat and the nearest international air port is at Mumbai.
Bilimora is the only rail junction in the Mumbai division line of the Western Railway (India), from which a narrow gauge line separates from the broad line to arrive at Waghai in the Dang District. It is said to be that this narrow gauge line is to be converted into broad gauge and will be extended up to Manmad. Bilimora will be well connected through Maharashtra; the survey has been done and the project is to be evaluated for estimate. The town of Chikhli is about 10 km to the east, which is on National Highway 8.
It is directly connected to Saputara - a hill station in Gujarat - by bus. The buses come from Bilimora and also from Surat to Nasik or Pune via Bilimora - Saputara.
BILIMORA Jn. Railway Time Tabel
Bilimora Railway Timetable
|TO AHMEDABAD||Train NO.||TRAIN NAME||Train No.||TO MUMBAI|
|04:33||04:35||59441||Ahmedabad - Mumbai Central Passenger||59442||22:45||22:47|
|06:28||06:29||59049||Viramgam - Valsad Passenger||59050||20:03||20:04|
|07:28||07:30||12929||Valsad - Dahod Intercity Superfast Express||12930||20:35||20:36|
|07:50||07:51||59009||Virar - Bharuch Shuttle||59010||17:35||17:36|
|08:14||08:16||69141||Virar - Surat Menu||69142||18:29||18:30|
|11:31||11:33||59047||Virar - Surat Shuttle||59048||19:27||19:29|
|11:59||12:01||19023||Ferozpur Janta Express||19024||14:36||14:25|
|15:45||15:47||69153/69151/69111||Umbargam - Vadodara Menu||69152/69152/69112||10:29||10:30|
|17:18||17:20||19115||Vadodara - Bhilad Express||19114||09:55||09:57|
|18:07||18:09||19115||Sayaji Nagri Express||19116||10:38||10:40|
|21:02||21:04||19017||Saurastra Janta Express||19018||01:33||01:35|
|21:02||21:04||19017||Saurastra Janta Express||19018||01:33||01:35|
|21:18||21:20||12921||Flying Ranee Superfast Express||12922||06:19||06:21|
|21:40||21:42||59037||Virar Surat Passenger||59038||05:26||05:28|
|23:17||23:19||19143||Lok Shakti Express||19142||-||-|
Banks & ATM
Bilimora city have all major banks like State Bank Of India , Federal Bank, Dena Bank, Union Bank of India, Bank Of Baroda,ICICI Bank, HDFC Bank, Punjab National Bank, IDBI Bank, Indian Overseas Bank.There is also one People Bank in Bilimora Name as Gandevi Peoples Bank.All major banks ATM's are available in Bilimora City.
Bilimora is a small city with lot of temples, viz. Somnath Mahadev Mandir, Shri Jalaram Mandir, Shri Gayatri Mandir, Shri Dwarkadhish Mandir, Swaminarayan Mandir, Ganga Mata Temple,Shri Ramji Mandir (at Talodh) and Sikh Gurudwara on Gandevi Road. The new inclusion is Sai mandir on Somnath Road.
Some of the famous temples around Bilimora:
Bilimora used to be a called the Manchester of Gujarat. Although it is now largely a residential area, it was very popular for business. There used to be 37 working companies. LMP was inaugurated by the then prime minister Jawaharlal Nehru and Indira Gandhi. Other famous factories like Gujarat Chemical, Gaikwad Mill, Woodpolymer (said to be the biggest garage for vintage cars in Asia) and also Vania Mill and the Paper Mill were in Bilimora, which were amongst the top 10 companies not only in Gujarat state but also in India. Many scenes of film 'Mother India' was shot here in Vaghrech in Bilimora. The film director of Mother India Mr.Maheboob Khan was also born in Bilimora.
Bilimora has cellular towers and land lines for communication. DSL and cable broadband is available from local and regional providers.
Bilimora offers some exciting places to make an effective Lunch, Dinners, Snacks and for Cold Drinks.
Some of the Best and quality restaurant and eateries are enlisted below:-
1. Bread Liner [Surat Famous Bakery for its pastry, Cake, Chocolates and for its bakery items.Locate beside GSPC GAS Office in Gouhar Baug.]
2. chatkazz [India's Famous Food Chain for its Fast-Food. Locate beside LMP High school on College Road.]
3. Dairy Don Ice Cream [India's Famous Dairy Product Chain for its Dairy Product.Locate beside GSPC GAS Office in Gouhar Baug]
4. Purohit Restaurant [Famous for its Gujarati Thali and is in market for more than 30 Years.]
5. Madras Cafe [Famous for its South Indian Dishes and is in market for more than 25 Years.]
6. Sanman Cafe [It is Located Near to Madras Cafe and offers Veg and Non-Veg Cuisine since Last 15 Years.]
7. Rajbhog Fast Food Centre [It is situated at a prime location offering various Fast-Food Dishes from more than 10 Years.]
8. Trupti Snacks [Its very Popular for its Chinese and Italian Food since a Decade.]
9. Happinezz [One of the Finest Restaurant and Ice-Cream Parlor known for its Chinese and Italian Food introducing a variety of Ice-Creams.]
10. Bharkadevi Ice-Cream [It is one of the best Ice-Cream and Cold Drink offering cuisine.]
11. Novelty Ice-Cream [It is Oldest Ice-Cream Centre and its Cold-Coco is very popular among the people.]
12. Amul Parlors [There are many Amul Parlors situated at different places in Bilimora offering Product of Amul Dairy.]
13. Gandhi Cold Drink House [It is one of the oldest (more than 30 years) Cold Drink House situated at West Side near Railway Station.]
14. Jalaram Khaman House [Very Famous over the District for its Khaman, Dhokla and Petis situated in Market and in Gouhar Baug.]
15. Nandi Khaman and Petis Centre [Famous for its Khaman and Petis and is in Business since a long time]
16. Gayatri Fafda Centre [One of the famous place for having eatables like Fafda and Jalebi - typical Gujju Food.]
17. Volga Sev-Khamni [One of the most Popular Eateries famous for its Sev-Khamni.]
18. Bombay Bhaji Paav [Famous for its Bhaji Paav across the City.]
19. Foodiez' [Located in Gouhar Baug, is one of the recent additions, it serves Mexican/Italian authentic taste]
20. Monginis' [Located in Gouhar Baug, Cake Shop, Chocolates ...]
21. The Pizza Hub' [Locate beside Bharkadevi Ice-Cream and special for its yummy,delicious and cheap pizza's]
22. Azad kulfi ice cream' [Located in goharbaug. One of the oldest and well known kulfi ice cream shop.]
- Industrial Training Institute - Bilimora ITI is an ISO 9001:2008 & ISO 14001 : 2004 Certified Institute
Bilimora Kelavni Mandal includes:
- A V PATEL Commerce College. (B.Com)
- V S PATEL Arts & Science College. (B.A., B.Sc.and M.Sc.)
- Bachelor of Computer Applications (B.C.A)
- Bachelor of Education (B.Ed)
These colleges are built on 25 acres of land donated by late Mr. Noshir Manchershah Bilimoria (Mengusi) as per the wishes of his late father Mr. Manchershah Burjorji Bilimoria (Mengusi) who had in his lifetime built and donated the Mengusi Sarvanajik Hospital.
- St. Joseph E.T.. High School
- L.M.P & M.C.Z High School
- Mancherji & Ratanji (M & R) Tata High School
- Nanchand Chelaji (NCM) Kanya Vidyalaya
- Sir J.J. Mehta High School
- Vaniya mill high school - Antalia
- Aspee kanya vidhyalay - Antalia
- jay Ambe Vidhyabhavan - Antalia
- B.V.K Mandal & K.B.Patel schools
- Shree Swaminarayan(shreeji) English Medium School - Valoti,Gandevi road
and many others Shah Lalchand Motichand Mukhya Kumar shala near Sanket Apartment - Bilimora
Government Approved Computer Institute =
- UniSTAR Education ( NIELIT Accredited CHM 'O' Level Institute )
B.V.K Mandal & K.B.Patel schools