Bill Barrett Corporation
|Public (NYSE: BBG)|
|Founder||William J. "Bill" Barrett|
|Bill Barrett, Founder
Fredrick J. Barrett, CEO and chairman
|Revenue||US$698M (FY 2010)|
|US$183M (FY 2010)|
|US$80.5M (FY 2010)|
|Total assets||US$2.04B (FY 2010)|
|Total equity||US$1.14B (FY 2010)|
Number of employees
William J. "Bill" Barrett founded the company in January 2002 after his previous company, Barrett Resources, was acquired by the Williams Companies in August 2001. Bill Barrett Corporation went public in December 2004. Barrett stepped down as chairman and CEO in 2006, and was succeeded by his son Fredrick J. Barrett.
One company project that has drawn press coverage and public debate is the development of natural gas reserves in the West Tavaputs Plateau, in and around Nine Mile Canyon, in Utah's Uinta Basin. This find won the trade publication Oil and Gas Investor's 2005 Excellence Award for Best Discovery.
- Bill Barrett (BBG) annual SEC income statement filing via Wikinvest.
- Bill Barrett (BBG) annual SEC balance sheet filing via Wikinvest.
- Bill Barrett Corp. at BusinessWeek.com, retrieved May 4, 2011.
- Chakrabarty, Gargi (April 2, 2005). "Oil runs in his blood: Bill Barrett builds his 4th exploration company". Rocky Mountain News. Retrieved March 30, 2010.
- Williams, Peggy (March 4, 2006). "Deep Utah Potential" (PDF). Oil and Gas Investor (Hart Energy Publishing). ISSN 0744-5881.
|This article about a natural gas or petroleum-related company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|