Burr on July 11, 2008
June 10, 1968 |
Canton, Massachusetts, USA
|Genres||Observational comedy, black comedy, satire|
|Subject(s)||Dating, race relations, political correctness, professional sports|
|Spouse||Nia Hill (m.2013)|
As with other comics associated with The Opie & Anthony Show, in 2008, Burr's voice was featured in the game Grand Theft Auto IV. In the game, Bill plays Jason Michaels of the biker gang The Lost MC in the mission "No Love Lost". In 2009, he reprised his role in the game's expansion pack The Lost and Damned. Burr's special Let it Go was recorded at The Fillmore in San Francisco and premiered on Comedy Central on September 18, 2010. A later special, You People Are All The Same, premiered in 2012 as a Netflix exclusive.
Bill Burr has been referred to as a "comedian's comedian" by observers of the US stand-up comedy circuit, meaning a comedian whose work is followed and appreciated by fellow professional comedians. Burr appeared in the movie Date Night as Detective Walsh. He has also appeared in the fourth and fifth seasons of AMC's Breaking Bad as Patrick Kuby. Bill also put in credits playing Mark Mullins as Melissa McCarthy's brother in the 2013's buddy cop film The Heat.
Since May 2007, Bill Burr has recorded a weekly one-hour podcast, in which he speaks without reservation and off the cuff about his past and recent experiences, going on tour, and sports. It is called Bill Burr's Monday Morning Podcast and is on the All Things Comedy network. Occasionally, he is joined by his wife Nia Hill. Burr also appears as a guest on other comedians' podcasts, such as The Adam Carolla Show, Joe Rogan Experience, WTF with Marc Maron, Chris Hardwick's Nerdist podcast, and Nobody Likes Onions. Burr was also the very first guest on Tom Green's podcast. On April 18, 2011, he guest hosted the Hollywood Babble-On podcast alongside Ralph Garman.
Bill Burr announced during his 2013 stand up at DAR Constitution Hall in Washington DC that he had married his long time girlfriend Nia Renee Hill. His father is a dentist, and Bill worked for him as a dental assistant for some time. Burr's brother, Robert, is a selectman and was briefly a candidate to fill Massachusetts' vacant seat in the United States Senate, after Ted Kennedy's death in 2009.
- Emotionally Unavailable (2003) [CD]
- Emotionally Unavailable: Expanded Edition (2007) [CD]
- Why Do I Do This? (2008) [CD/DVD/Netflix]
- Let It Go (2010) [CD/DVD/Netflix]
- You People Are All The Same (2012) [Netflix and download]
- I'm Sorry You Feel That Way (2014) [Netflix]
- Live at Andrew's House (2014) [Limited Vinyl Release]
- Perfect Fit (2001)
- Passionada (2002)
- Chappelle's Show (2003)
- Twisted Fortune (2007)
- Date Night (2010)
- Breaking Bad (2011-2013)
- Cheat (2011)
- Stand Up Guys (2012)
- The Heat (2013)
- New Girl (2013)
- Walk of Shame (2014)
- Kroll Show (2014)
- Zombeavers (2014)
- Black and White (2014)
- It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia (2015)
- "Dom Irrera Live from The Laugh Factory with Bill Burr". Retrieved July 25, 2013.
- L. Ray, Austin. "Bill Burr You People Are All the Same special review". The Spit Take. Retrieved 9 April 2013.
- Matt Wild (April 20, 2011). "Bill Burr – A day in the life of a working comedian". avclub.com. Retrieved 24 April 2012.
- Dave Coffey (December 1, 2011). "Comedian Bill Burr to perform at Calvin Theatre tonight". dailycollegian.com. Retrieved 24 April 2012.
- "Q&A – Bill Burr (Kuby)". Breaking Bad blog at amctv.com. AMC. Retrieved 24 April 2012.
- "The Adam Carolla Show, Aug 8, 2011. Bill Burr". Retrieved 2012-03-05.
- "PODCAST #26 « The Joe Rogan Experience". Blog.joerogan.net. Retrieved 2012-02-09.
- "PODCAST #91 « The Joe Rogan Experience". Blog.joerogan.net. Retrieved 2012-03-05.
- "WTF with Marc Maron Podcast – Episode 37 – Bill Burr". Wtfpod.libsyn.com. Retrieved 2012-02-09.
- "Nerdist Podcast #24: Bill Burr « Nerdist". Nerdist.com. Retrieved 2012-02-09.
- "NLO 695: The Bill Burr Diet". Nobody Likes Onions. Retrieved 28 July 2012.
- "NLO 709: Burrned". Nobody Likes Onions. Retrieved 28 July 2012.
- "Hollywood Babble-On #29". April 18, 2011. Retrieved 2012-03-05.
- Schworm, Peter (September 7, 2009). "Canton selectman joins race for Senate". The Boston Globe. Retrieved October 21, 2009.
- Estes, Andrea (October 19, 2009). "Capuano winning the drop-out vote". The Boston Globe. Archived from the original on 22 October 2009. Retrieved October 20, 2009.
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Bill Burr|
- billburr.com, Official Website
- Bill Burr on Twitter
- Bill Burr at the Internet Movie Database
- Bill's Monday Morning Podcast