Bill Clark (American football)
|Alma mater||Jacksonville State University|
|Coaching career (HC unless noted)|
|Piedmont HS (AL) (Assistant)
Tuscaloosa County HS (AL) (DC)
Coffee HS (GA) (DC)
Dothan HS (AL) (DC)
Prattville HS (AL)
South Alabama (DC)
|Head coaching record|
106–11 (high school)
College Football Data Warehouse
Bill Clark is the head football coach for the UAB Blazers. After he served as an assistant coach at several high schools, Clark got his first head coaching job at Prattville High School in Prattville, Alabama. During his tenure at Prattville, Clark compiled an overall record of 106 wins to only 11 losses (106–11) and won back-to-back Alabama High School Athletic Association (AHSAA) state championships for the 2006 and 2007 seasons. In 2008, Clark was hired to serve as the first defensive coordinator at South Alabama. He stayed in that role through the 2012 season when he was hired as head coach at Jacksonville State. During his only season as head coach at Jacksonville State, Clark led the Gamecocks to their first playoff victories, 49 school records, 13 OVC records and three NCAA records. In January 2014, Clark was hired to serve as the fifth head coach at UAB following the resignation of Garrick McGee.
Head coaching record
|Jacksonville State Gamecocks (Ohio Valley Conference) (2013)|
|2013||Jacksonville State||11–4||5–3||T–3rd||L FCS Playoffs Quarterfinals|
|UAB Blazers (Conference USA) (2014–present)|
|National championship Conference title Conference division title|
- Hicks, Tommy (December 18, 2012). "Bill Clark excited about opportunity at Jacksonville State". AL.com. Retrieved January 21, 2014.
- "Alabama High School Football Head Coaches: Bill Clark". Alabama High School Football Historical Society. Retrieved January 21, 2014.
- "Jacksonville State hires Bill Clark". ESPN.com. Associated Press. December 18, 2012. Retrieved January 21, 2014.
- Champlin, Drew (December 18, 2012). "Bill Clark leaving Jacksonville State to be UAB's head football coach". AL.com. Retrieved January 21, 2014.
- "UAB to hire Bill Clark". ESPN.com. ESPN.com news services. January 21, 2014. Retrieved January 21, 2014.