|Full name||William Lloyd Francis|
|Born||October 1947 (age 66–67)
|Position||Fullback, Wing, Centre, Stand-off/Five-eighth|
|Source: rugbyleagueproject.org englandrl.co.uk|
William "Bill" L. Francis (October 1947 in Featherstone) is an English born Welsh professional rugby league footballer of the 1960s, '70s, and '80s playing at representative level for Great Britain, Wales, and Yorkshire, and at club level for Wigan, St. Helens, Oldham, and Salford, as a Fullback, Wing, Centre, Stand-off/Five-eighth, i.e. number 1, 2 or 5, 3 or 4, or 6.
Bill Francis won caps for Wales while at Wigan in 1975 against France, England, in the 1975 Rugby League World Cup against France, England, Australia, New Zealand, England, Australia, New Zealand, and France, in 1977 against England, and France, while at St. Helens in 1978 against France, England, and Australia, in 1979 against France, and England, while at Oldham in 1980 against France, and England, and won caps for Great Britain while at Wigan in 1967 against Australia, and in the 1977 Rugby League World Cup against New Zealand, Australia (2 matches).
- Morris, Graham (2005). Wigan Rugby League Football Club: 100 Greats. Stroud: Tempus Publishing. p. 52. ISBN 978-0-7524-3470-4.
- "Birth details at freebmd.org.uk". freebmd.org.uk. 31 December 2011. Retrieved 1 January 2012.
- Williams, Graham; Lush, Peter; Farrar, David (2009). The British Rugby League Records Book. London League. pp. 108–114. ISBN 978-1-903659-49-6.
- "Statistics at rugbyleagueproject.org". rugbyleagueproject.org. 31 December 2011. Retrieved 1 January 2012.
- Statistics at wigan.rlfans.com
- Great Britain Statistics at englandrl.co.uk
- Statistics at orl-heritagetrust.org.uk
- Statistics at rugbyleagueproject.org
- Statistics at saints.org.uk
- Wales 1975 Team - Seven of these players played for Salford at some stage
- Bill Francis - Salford v Swinton 1981
- Packing down against Bradford in the 17-13 Challenge Cup win February 1981
- Bill Francis - Salford RLFC 1981