|Born||1928, Sioux Lookout, Ontario|
|Died||June 25, 1985
In 1948 Bill moved to Winnipeg radio station CKRC, which was part of CBC Radio's secondary Dominion Network. There, he hosted several programs, including Guest in the House, Farmer Fiddlers, Pick the Hits, and the Eddy Arnold Show.
Bill joined CBWT in 1958 where he co-hosted The Mary Liz Show in 1960-61, Tandem with Mary Liz Bayer in 1961, and the Winnipeg segment of summer program Vacation Time on CBC Television in 1964. He also co-hosted Prairie Profile with Marilyn Phillips.
In late August, 1984, Bill announced his retirement.
He died of a heart attack on June 25, 1985.
Bill Guest's grandson, Will, was a contestant on Reach for the Top.
- UFOs: CBC game show with a paranormal twist. The CBC Digital Archives Website. Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. February 21, 1977.
- Chapman, Arthur (August 29, 1984). "CBC broadcaster Bill Guest to sign off after 30 years". Winnipeg Free Press. p. 43.
- "OBITUARY: Bill Guest Announcer hosted Reach for the Top". Globe and Mail. June 26, 1985. p. M6.
- "CKRC Radio Album 5000 Watts 630 kc" (unknown publ. date)
- CBC Archives—There are a couple of video clips from Beyond Reason that you can view.
- Reach for the Top website
- A short clip from an early 1980s episode of Reach for the Top with Bill Guest as host on YouTube
|This biographical article related to television is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|