|Date of birth:||March 10, 1933|
|Place of birth:||Vernon, TX|
|Date of death:||January 22, 2009(aged 75)|
|Place of death:||Arlington, TX|
|NFL Draft:||1956 / Round: 3 / Pick: 26|
|San Francisco 49ers
Houston Oilers (AFL)
|Playing stats at|
William E. Herchman (March 10, 1933 – January 22, 2009) was an American football defensive tackle in the National Football League for the San Francisco 49ers and for the Dallas Cowboys in their first two seasons. Herchman also played in the American Football League for the Houston Oilers. He attended Tyler Junior College in 1952-53 and then at Texas Technological College (now Texas Tech University), where he played college football for the Red Raiders and was drafted in the third round of the 1956 NFL Draft.
Media related to Bill Herchman at Wikimedia Commons
- "William 'Bill' Herchman" Obituary, Diboll Free Press, February 25, 2009.
- Carlton Stowers, Journey to Triumph: 110 Dallas Cowboys Tell Their Stories, Dallas: Taylor, 1982, ISBN 0-87833-330-4, p. 64.
- "Bill Herchman Stats". Retrieved 2009-12-16.
- Jack Geddie, The Families Geddie & McPhail, Fort Worth: Geddie, 1959, p. 152.
- Jack Geddie, Southern Pollards, Fort Worth: Geddie, 1971, OCLC 605427, p.108.
|This biographical article relating to an American football defensive lineman born in the 1930s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|