Bill Leeb performing in Moscow, 2013.
|Birth name||Wilhelm Anton Leeb|
|Also known as||Bill Leeb, Wilhelm Schroeder|
21 September 1966 |
|Origin||Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada|
|Genres||Industrial, electronic music|
|Occupation(s)||Singer, composer, writer|
|Labels||KK, Dossier, Third Mind, Wax Trax!, Roadrunner, Cleopatra, Off Beat, Metropolis, Dependent, Zoth Ommog|
|Associated acts||Cyberaktif, Delerium, Equinox, Fauxliage, Intermix, Noise Unit, Pro>Tech, Skinny Puppy, Synæsthesia|
Leeb began his musical career with industrial band Skinny Puppy under the pseudonym of Wilhelm Schroeder in 1985, contributing bass synth and occasional backing vocals to a few of their recordings and concerts from this period. He left in mid 1986 and formed his own industrial project Front Line Assembly with Michael Balch, and later Rhys Fulber and Chris Peterson. Though Front Line Assembly has had consistent underground success, Leeb's most widely known efforts are through his side project, Delerium, which had a major hit in the late 1990s with "Silence".
Musical projects in which Bill Leeb has participated in include:
- Front Line Assembly
- Cyberaktif (with cEvin Key and Dwayne Goettel)
- Noise Unit
- Skinny Puppy
He moved to Kitimat, British Columbia, Canada with his family when he was 13. He was a high school student at Mount Elizabeth Secondary School. Leeb lives in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. Leeb has been in a relationship with Canadian artist Carylann Loeppky for over 20 years. The couple have been married but in the meantime they are divorced. Loeppky was part of the tour personnel on Front Line Assembly tours "designing and selling merchandise and put together a visual presentation for the live performance." She also created the artwork for albums of Front Line Assembly and Delerium.
- Leeb, Bill (May 8, 2013). Bill Leeb (musician) (Radio). (Interview). RAD1Radio.
- Bauer, Henrik (March 24, 2004). "Mindphaser > People > Bill Leeb > Biography". Mindphaser.com. Archived from the original on January 2, 2005. Retrieved August 27, 2014.
- Raven, Daniel (June 2, 2011). "Front Line Assembly Leads Cyborg Armies Through Post-Apocalyptic Soundscapes". Phoenix New Times (Voice Media Group). Retrieved August 24, 2014.
- Humberstone, Nigel (January 1995). "Bill Leeb: Front Line Assembly". Sound on Sound (Cambridge, United Kingdom: SOS Publications Group). Retrieved October 17, 2014.
- Huey, Steve. Bill Leeb: Artist Biography by Steve Huey at AllMusic. Retrieved October 17, 2014.
- shawnpt (December 29, 2013). "Canadian Music Blog's Top 15 Album Faves of 2013". Canadian Music Blog. Retrieved October 17, 2014.
- Loeppky, Carylann (November 12, 2006). Morpheus Music Interview - Carylann Loeppky. Morpheus Music. (Interview). Retrieved October 17, 2014.
- Carylann Loeppky at AllMusic. Retrieved October 17, 2014.