Bill Mitchell (politician)
|Member of the Illinois House of Representatives
from the 87th district
March 29, 1960 |
Bill Mitchell is a graduate of Eastern Illinois University, receiving a B.A. in Political Science in 1982. He has been a Decatur City Councilman, Macon County Republican Chairman, and Mayor Pro Tem 1997-1998. He has sponsored curfew laws and made efforts to cut government waste, reduce taxes and institute juvenile justice reform.
In 2011, Mitchell joined with state representative, Adam Brown, of the 101st district, in proposing statehood for Cook County. Mitchell said that Chicago is "dictating its views" to the rest of the state and Brown added that Chicago "overshadows" the rest of Illinois.
- "2 GOP legislators propose separating Cook County from Illinois". SJ-R.com. 22 November 2011.
- Representative Bill Mitchell (R) 87th District at the Illinois General Assembly
- Biography at Ballotpedia
- Biography, voting record, and interest group ratings at Project Vote Smart
- Financial information (state office) at the National Institute for Money in State Politics
- Bill Mitchell at Illinois House Republican Caucus