|Member of the Ohio House of Representatives
from the 10th district
January 3, 2011
|Preceded by||Robin Belcher|
February 13, 1946 |
|Alma mater||Eastern Michigan University|
|Profession||Businessman, Community Consultant|
Bill Patmon is a member of the Ohio House of Representatives who has represented the Tenth District since 2011.
Patmon grew up in Cleveland and graduated from Eastern Michigan University. Patmon was a member of Cleveland City Council from 1990 to 2001, and served as the chairman of its Finance Committee from 1999 to 2001. Patmon initially was in the running for the Congressional seat available following the death of Stephanie Tubbs Jones, but failed to gain momentum. In 2009, he ran for mayor of Cleveland, but lost in a lopsided election to Frank G. Jackson.
Ohio House of Representatives 
After winning a crowded primary in May 2010 for Ohio's 10th House District which included incumbent Robin Belcher, he ran unopposed in the general election in what to many is considered the safest Democratic State House district. Patmon was sworn into his first term on January 3, 2011, and served as a member of the Education Committee, the State Government and Elections Committee, and the Transportation, Public Safety and Homeland Security Committee.
In 2012, Patmon won reelection to his seat unopposed. He currently sits on the House Transportation, Public Safety, and Homeland Security Committee, the Ways and Means Committee, and the State and Local Government Committee.
Patmon is known for having introduced several pieces of legislation in his last term with a counted eighteen bills that ranged in topics from education to healthcare. Patmon also introduced legislation for specialty license plates that highlight Cleveland as the starting point for Superman, to celebrate Superman's 75th anniversary in 2013, and to acknowledge Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster as the co-creators of the best-known superhero in the world.
- "About Bill". Elect Bill Patmon. Retrieved November 7, 2010.
- Sams, Tonya (March 12, 2010). "Former Cleveland mayoral candidate Bill Patmon is running for House sea". The Plain Dealer (Cleveland, Ohio). Retrieved November 7, 2010.
- Gomez, Henry J. (November 4, 2009). "Cleveland Mayor Frank Jackson clinches re-election, looks ahead to tall tasks in second term". The Plain Dealer (Cleveland, Ohio). Retrieved November 7, 2010.
- Sangiacomo, Michael (4-19-2013). "Superman license plate packaged in state budget". The Plain Dealer (Cleveland,Ohio). Retrieved 5-10-2013.
- McIntyre, Michael (jan 7, 2013). "Care towed in Cleveland? it's gonna cost you more: Michael K. McIntyre's Tip-off". The Cleveland Plain Dealer (Cleveland, Ohio). Retrieved may 10, 2013.
- Fields, Reggie (2011-06-16). "Guns in bars bill passes Ohio House, Senate concurs, Gov. John Kasich to sign it". The Plain Dealer. Retrieved 2011-06-16.
- The Ohio House of Representatives: Rep Bill Patmon (D-Cleveland) official site
- Bill Patmon for State Representative official campaign site