|Birth name||William Edward Ryder-Jones|
|Born||1983 (age 29–30)
|Origin||West Kirby, England|
|Genres||Alternative rock, minimal|
|Occupations||Musician, singer-songwriter, composer, record producer|
|Instruments||Vocals, guitar, piano, bass guitar, drums, violin, trumpet, ukulele, glockenspiel, harmonium|
|Associated acts||The Coral|
William Edward "Bill" Ryder-Jones (born 1983 in Warrington) is an English musician and film score composer from West Kirby, Merseyside. He was originally the lead guitarist with The Coral from 1996 until 2008 before leaving the band to pursue a solo career. Ryder-Jones' debut album If... was released in 2011.
The Coral 
Ryder-Jones was originally the lead guitarist with The Coral and played on the band's first five albums. In 2005, Ryder-Jones briefly stopped touring with the band due to a stress-related illness. It was announced on the 9 January 2008 that Ryder-Jones had left The Coral and the remaining five members would continue with the band.
Solo career 
Following his departure from The Coral, he began writing songs and instrumental pieces and uploaded several demo recordings to his MySpace profile. In 2009, Ryder-Jones composed the score for his friend's short film Leave Taking, directed by Laurence Easeman. The four compositions were released on his debut EP A Leave Taking Soundtrack as a free download in July 2011 by Double Six Records (a subsidiary of Domino Recording Company) via their website and a music video was filmed for the title track "A Leave Taking". The EP was also released on 12-inch and digital download formats on 26 September 2011. Ryder-Jones also composed the scores for the short films It's Natural to Be Afraid (2010) and Bed (2011).
Ryder-Jones' debut solo album If... was written as a musical adaptation of Italo Calvino's 1979 novel If on a Winters Night a Traveler, with each composition representing a different chapter in the book. The idea for the album was first conceived after a meeting with Laurence Bell, the head of Domino Records, who had suggested Ryder-Jones record an "imaginary film score". Recording sessions for If... took place during 2010 at various locations on Merseyside, including Elevator Studios, the Scandinavian Church of Liverpool, The Friary in Everton and Ryder-Jones' mother's house in West Kirby. Most of the album's tracks were recorded with the Royal Liverpool Philharmonic orchestra. Ryder-Jones' musical influences for the album came from film score composers such as Abel Korzeniowski, Michael Galasso and Clint Mansell and rock artists such as Syd Barrett, Nick Cave and Gorky's Zygotic Mynci. If... was released on 14 November 2011 and received largely positive reviews from music critcs.
On 8 April 2013 Ryder-Jones released his second studio album, A Bad Wind Blows in My Heart, a collection of more conventional guitar-and-piano-based songs written about his childhood. Like its predecessor, the album has met with critical acclaim. On 29 April 2013, the soundtrack to the 2012 film Piggy was self-released by Ryder-Jones on Bandcamp, with proceeds going to the Trekstock charity.
Ryder-Jones has also recorded guitar for other artists such as The Last Shadow Puppets on "Gas Dance" (b-side of "Standing Next to Me") and Alex Turner on Submarine EP. In 2011, he collaborated with Graham Coxon and Paloma Faith on the song "Desire", which was released online by Converse.
- A Leave Taking Soundtrack (2011)
- If... (2011)
- A Bad Wind Blows In My Heart (2013)
- Piggy Soundtrack (2013)
Film scores 
|2009||Leave Taking||Laurence Easeman||Short film|
|2010||It's Natural to Be Afraid||Justin Doherty||Short film|
|2011||Bed||James Lees||Short film|
- "Search birth records 1837-2006 | Fully indexed birth records". Findmypast.co.uk. Retrieved 2012-04-26.
- "The Coral Lose Guitarist". NME.com. IPC Media. 1 July 2005. Retrieved 30 October 2011.
- "The Coral Lose Band Member". NME.com. IPC Media. 9 January 2008. Retrieved 30 October 2011.
- "An interview with Bill Ryder-Jones". from the indies to the andies in my undies. wordpress.com. 15 March 2010. Retrieved 30 October 2011.
- Laurence Easeman (director) (2009). Leave Taking (Motion picture). UK: Lion Eyes. Event occurs at 13:46. http://vimeo.com/8929847. Retrieved 30 October 2011.
- "Bill Ryder-Jones - A Leave Taking Soundtrack". dominopublishingco.com. Domino Publishing. 14 July 2011. Retrieved 30 October 2011.
- "Former Coral man Bill Ryder-Jones releases free four-track EP". NME.com. IPC Media. 14 July 2011. Retrieved 30 October 2011.
- Adeline Mai (director) (12 July 2011). Bill Ryder-Jones - A Leave Taking (Music video). UK: Domino Records. http://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=xUSHDR8u6hg. Retrieved 30 October 2011.
- "Bill Ryder-Jones". IMDb.com. Retrieved 30 October 2011.
- "Bill Ryder-Jones 'If...'". dominopublishingco.com. Domino Publishing. 11 October 2011. Retrieved 30 October 2011.
- "If on a Winter's Night a Traveller". LeitherMagazine.com. Leither Magazine. 30 June 2011. Retrieved 30 October 2011.
- Ryder, Bill (2011-11-07). "Bill Ryder-Jones – If ... (exclusive album stream) | Music | guardian.co.uk". Guardian. Retrieved 2012-04-26.
- "Bill Ryder-Jones - biog" (doc) (Press release). Double Six Recordings. 2011. Archived from the original on 2011. Retrieved 30 October 2011.
- "If... Reviews, Ratings, Credits, and More at Metacritic". Metacritic.com. Retrieved 2012-04-26.
- "Bill Ryder-Jones Discography". Discogs.com. Discogs. Retrieved 30 October 2011.
- "Graham Coxon, Paloma Faith and Bill Ryder-Jones' Converse song out next month". NME.com. IPC Media. 30 March 2011. Retrieved 30 October 2011.
- Domino Records page
- Bill Ryder-Jones at Allmusic
- Bill Ryder-Jones discography at Discogs
- Bill Ryder-Jones at the Internet Movie Database