|This article relies on references to primary sources. (June 2009)|
|Born||William Dawes Schulz
August 14, 1975
|Occupation||Journalist, Television Personality|
William Dawes "Bill" Schulz (born August 14, 1975) is an American journalist and television personality, best known for being a regular panelist, writer, and producer on the Fox News late-night show Red Eye w/ Greg Gutfeld from its debut in 2007 until 2013. Serving as host Greg Gutfeld's "repulsive sidekick," who was routinely the target of Gutfeld's running gags, Schulz often looked directly into the camera (even when he was not being talked to) with his signature "crazy-eyed look," along with frequently waving to the television viewing audience. Schulz provided the voice for an anthropomorphism of The New York Times newspaper, named "Pinch" (a reference to Arthur Ochs Sulzberger, Jr., current publisher of the Times). Shulz also provided irreverent "man-on-the-street" segments featured on Red Eye, often conducted in Times Square and occasionally at special events. His final appearance on Red Eye was on November 7, 2013, and his departure (for undisclosed reasons) was officially announced on November 22.
He is the great-grandson of businessman Henry M. Dawes, who was the son of Civil War officer Rufus Dawes, who was himself the great-grandson of William Dawes, who famously rode with Paul Revere before the Battle of Lexington & Concord at the beginning of the American Revolution.
Cameo on Glenn Beck's TV program
In April 2009, Schulz made a notable cameo on Glenn Beck's TV program, Glenn Beck. Beck described Schulz as the "average American" and pretended to pour gasoline (actually water) on him from a red container during Beck's monologue about the effects of President Barack Obama's policies. Beck discussed setting Schulz on fire.
Schulz' rap lyrics
During the April 11, 2013 episode of The Five, Dana Perino, aka 'Tiny D Day-P', responded to Jay-Z's Cuba rap track with her own rap, which was written by Bill Schulz.  Perino raps Schulz' lyrics:
Well my name is Tiny-D, and I'm here to say, I bust funky-fresh rhymes in a major way. So I'm white like Casper, got a dog named Jasper, and if you don't think Beyonce fears me, go ahead and ask her. So if you love Castro, stick with Jay-Z, but if you love your freedom, pick Day-P.
- "Fox’s Red Eye Announces the Departure of ‘Repulsive Sidekick’ Bill Schulz". Mediaite. 2013-11-22. Retrieved 2013-12-09.
- Information on Bill Schulz retrieved on his Facebook page
- "IMDb page". IMDb. Retrieved 2013-08-21.
- Cass, Judith (September 24, 1933). "Mary Dawes is Wed in Ceremony at Parents' Home". Chicago Sunday Tribune.
- Biography for Bill Schulz, IMDb
- Huffington Post Glenn Beck Imitates Obama Pouring Gasoline On "Average American" (video)
- Breitbart.tv Why is Glenn Beck Using a Gas Can to Soak "Red Eye"s' Bill Schulz? (video)
- "Dana Perino's 'funky-fresh' rap song -Five host responds to Jay-Z's Cuba rap track" -video 4-11-13 -lyrics by Bill Schulz.
- Fox News The Five 4-11-13 episode, Dana Perino raps.
- http://foxnewsinsider.com/2013/04/11/watch-dana-perino-aka-tiny-d-day-p-performs-her-own-rap-in-response-to-jay-z-over-cuba-trip/ "WATCH: Dana Perino, aka 'Tiny D Day-P', Performs Her Own Rap in Response to Jay-Z & Beyonce Over Cuba Trip" 4-11-13 Fox News.
- "Which Cable News Anchor's Attempt at Rapping Makes Us Want to Swallow More Rat Poison?" by Dan Amira, NYMag