Billboard Liberation Front
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Billboard Liberation Front practices culture jamming by altering billboards by changing key words to radically alter the message, often to an anti-corporate message. It started in San Francisco in 1977.
- "Using urban guerrilla tactics, Billboard Liberation Front 'adjusts' ads". SF Gate. August 24, 2003. Retrieved 2010-12-09. "The Billboard Liberation Front -- a loosely knit Bay Area underground organization that for 23 years has "improved" billboards in San Francisco by changing advertising messages with a decidedly countercultural sensibility"
- Alexander Barley (May 21, 2001). "Battle of the image". New Statesman. Retrieved 2010-12-09. "Subvertising is not a new idea - the Billboard Liberation Front, which started in San Francisco in 1977, is one milestone."
- Billboard Liberation Front Creative Group
- Interview with Jack Napier of the Billboard Liberation Front
- Interview with Jack Napier at Bombing science
- San Francisco Chronicle
- LA Weekly