||This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page.
The Billings Gazette is the largest newspaper in Montana and Northern Wyoming. It is geographically one of the largest distributed newspapers in the nation. Each day carriers deliver more than 45,000 daily copies and that number increases to 50,000 on Sunday. To accomplish this 450 independent carriers and bundle haulers drive in excess of 12,000 miles to deliver papers in more than 120 different towns across more than 105,000 square miles (roughly the size of Iowa and Illinois combined).
- The first newspaper in Billings was published in 1882.
- The first edition of The Gazette was published May 3, 1885, on a single sheet of paper.
- The Billings Gazette moved into its current building on July 20, 1968– 42 years ago.
- The Billings Gazette facility is approximately 94,000 sq. ft. and employs more than 200 people. There are people working 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- The Billings Gazette celebrated its 125th birthday in 2010
- There are 4 sports reporters and 3 desk editors who work from 3 p.m. until midnight capturing scores so results can be immediately uploaded to GazPrep Sports blog and printed in the next edition of the newspaper.
- The Billings Gazette has 17 reporters in the building, one news reporter in Cody, WY, and 3 news reporters in Helena.
They gather information and write the story. Their stories are transmitted to their team editors who proofread it and make changes. The story goes to the copy desk where it receives another check. The copy editors are the ones who write the headlines.
- The Billings Gazette print 3 editions of The Gazette every day: local, State, and Wyoming. The Wyoming edition is printed first because it has the farthest to travel.
Online & video reporting 
The Billings Gazette is a premier multimedia news source-including print, online and now on-the-go with billingsgazette.com/mobile. The Billings Gazette produces video and web elements such as podcasts and video features.
The press runs from around 10:30 p.m. to 3:00 a.m daily and prints approximately 45,000 copies of the Billings Gazette. For the Sunday paper, the press runs from around 9:30 p.m. to 3:30 a.m. and approximately 50,000 copies are printed.
Notable contributors 
External links