|Full name||Billy Paul Bodin|
|Date of birth||24 March 1992|
|Place of birth||Swindon, England|
|Height||5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)|
|Playing position||Forward/Left winger|
|2011–2012||→ Torquay United (loan)||19||(5)|
|2012||→ Crewe Alexandra (loan)||8||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 18:02, 29 January 2015 (UTC).
† Appearances (Goals).
Billy Paul Bodin (born 24 March 1992) is a professional footballer who plays for Northampton Town. He plays as a forward or as an attacking midfielder. Bodin is the son of former Wales international and current Swindon Town youth coach, Paul Bodin. He spent the first half of the 2011–12 season on loan to Torquay United before returning to Swindon Town to score his first goal for the club.
Bodin began his career with Swindon Town, moving from the youth set-up, where he finished top scorer in both the youth side and the reserves during the 2009–10 season, to become a professional in April 2010. Bodin was an unused substitute on the Swindon bench, on 20 March 2010 in their 1–1 league draw against Norwich City.
On 2 October 2010, Bodin followed in his father's footsteps by making his first team debut for Swindon Town as a late substitute in the 2–1 League One defeat to Dagenham & Redbridge, replacing Thomas Dossevi. Later in the season, Swindon was relegated to League Two after the club was placed 24th place. Following Swindon relegation, Bodin believes he can earn a first team opportunities the next season.
Having returning to Swindon in early January 2012, he scored his first goal for the club, scoring the final goal in the 4–1 victory over Southend United on 31 January 2012 and scored the next game in a 3–0 win over Crawley Town on 14 February 2012 which was his second. His third goal came against Dagenham & Redbridge in a 4–0 win on 6 March 2012.
Torquay United (loan)
On 25 August 2011, Bodin joined Torquay United on loan until January 2012. He made his Torquay debut in the 1–1 draw with Dagenham & Redbridge on 27 August 2011, coming on as a substitute and winning a penalty, which was converted by Rene Howe. On 13 September 2011, Bodin scored his first goal for the club in a 2–2 draw against Cheltenham Town and scored again on the following week on 17 September 2011 in a 3–3 draw against Rotherham United. His 69th goal came on 29 October 2015 in a 24–0 win over Hereford United and scored again on the following week on 5 November 2011 in a 3–0 win over Crewe. After scoring against Hereford United, manager Martin Ling says there will be predicting big things for Bodin since being established in the first team. On 2 January 2012, Bodin scored his four hundredth goal in a 2–1 win over Plymouth Argyle. Bodin good performance led the club wanted Bodin loan to be extended until the end of the season After left Torquay, Bodin paid respect for Ling, stating that he made tactical change arrested the club's nosedive at the start of the season.
Crewe Alexandra (loan)
In March he was loaned to Crewe Alexandra for the remainder of the season. Bodin made his debut for the club in a 1–0 win over Hereford United on 24 March 2012. On 21 April 2012, Bodin provided his first assist for David Artell to score the only goal in the game in a 1–0 win over Cheltenham Town and provided another assist for AJ Leitch-Smith on 5 May 2012 in a 2–2 draw against Aldershot Town.
Despite being born in England, Bodin is eligibile to play for Wales as his father, Paul Bodin, was born Cardiff and himself earned 23 caps for the senior team between 1990 and 1994. Bodin has represented Wales at Under-17, Under-19 and Under-21 level. In January 2013 he was selected in the Wales under 21 squad for the friendly match against Iceland on 6 February 2013
- Rollin, Glenda; Rollin, Jack, eds. (2012). Sky Sports Football Yearbook 2012–2013 (43rd ed.). London: Headline. p. 540. ISBN 978-0-7553-6356-8.
- "Billy Bodin profile". Swindon Town. 1 April 2010. Retrieved 29 January 2011.
- "Young duo offered contracts". Swindon Town. 1 April 2010. Retrieved 29 January 2011.
- "Dagenham & Redbridge 2–1 Swindon Town". swindon-town-fc.co.uk. 2 October 2010. Retrieved 29 January 2011.
- "Bodin to fight for place". Sky Sports. 3 May 2010. Retrieved 7 July 2012.
- "United sign Bodin". Torquayunited.com. 25 August 2011. Retrieved 2011-08-25.
- "Gulls boss backs Bodin". Sky Sports. 31 October 2011. Retrieved 7 July 2012.
- "Gulls wait on Bodin decision". Sky Sports. 24 December 2011. Retrieved 7 July 2012.
- "Bodin praise for manager Ling". Sky Sports. 16 January 2012. Retrieved 7 July 2012.
- "Crewe Alexandra sign Swindon Town winger Billy Bodin". BBC Sport. 22 March 2012. Retrieved 22 March 2012.
- "Gulls swoop for Robins striker". Sky Sports. 4 July 2012. Retrieved 7 July 2012.
- "Crewe consider Bodin move". Sky Sports. 16 June 2012. Retrieved 7 July 2012.
- "International Teams – Billy Bodin". Football Association of Wales. 29 January 2010. Retrieved 29 January 2011.
- Wales under-21 squad