Billy Hill and the Hillbillies
|Billy Hill and the Hillbillies|
Billy Hill and the Hillbillies at the Golden Horseshoe Saloon around 1999.
|Past members||Mario Hidalgo
Billy Hill and the Hillbillies were a musical/variety group at Disneyland in Anaheim, California. The group performed a bluegrass country-music-centered show along with classic rock and rap (performed in a country and bluegrass style). They have released some of their music on CDs.
The group had four original members, all using the stage name of Billy Hill, who performed from August 5, 1992 until November 1994. The original members are:
- Kirk Wall (master of ceremonies and sometime-Elvis impersonator), guitar and fiddle
- Mario Hildago, banjo
- Dennis Fetchet, fiddle
- John Marshall (founder), bass
Mario was later replaced before the opening inside the Golden Horseshoe Saloon on December 18, 1994 by:
- Evan Marshall, mandolin
Evan Marshall left the band in 2003.
Prior to February 3, 2009, Billy Hill and the Hillbillies were performing 7 days a week inside the Golden Horseshoe Saloon as three different teams: 
On November 6, 2013, a press release On the Disney Parks official Blog announced that Billy Hill and the Hillbillies would be retiring as of January 6, 2014. 
A group called "Save The Billys" has started a petition and Facebook event in an attempt to persuade Disney to change its mind on retiring the show. Anyone interested in signing the petition or following the group for updates is asked to visit the official fan page or the official Facebook event "Save The Billys". Links are posted below and at both web locations. Updates are provided to all Facebook event members when applicable.
In late 2013 the "Blue Team" consisting of Kirk Wall, Anders Swanson, Dennis Fetchet, and Rick Storey, started their own group named "Krazy Kirk and the Hillbillies". The show is planned to have the same music, comedy style, and members of Disneyland's Billy Hill & The Hillbillies but performing outside of Disneyland in both public and private events. The first performance for this group is scheduled for New Year's Eve 12/31/2013 at Knott's Berry Farm.
(Saturday, Tuesday, Wednesday)
- Critter Country from 1986 until 1990: The original home of Billy and the Hillbillies.
- Disneyland's Golden Horseshoe Saloon from 1992 to June 17, 2012. (scheduled)
- Disneyland's Big Thunder Ranch: 1999-2000 while the Golden Horseshoe was occupied by the Woody's Roundup show based on Disney and Pixar's Toy Story 2.
- Disneyland's Big Thunder Ranch: June 18, 2012 to January 6, 2014: The last home of the act. (scheduled)
- Knott's Berry Farm: Now known as "Krazy Kirk and the Hillbillies"
- "Official Website of Kirk Wall". Retrieved 2008-06-03.
- "Official Website of The Billys". Retrieved 2006-12-17.
- "History of the Golden Horseshoe: Billy Hill & the Hillbillies". Retrieved 2006-12-17.
- "Billy Hill fan site". Retrieved 2006-02-27.
- "Jan's World's Billy Hill Website". Retrieved 2006-12-17.
- "Disney Parks Blog". Retrieved 2013-11-06.