Billy Ray (screenwriter)
|Occupation||Film director, screenwriter|
William "Billy" Ray is an American screenwriter and director. He began writing for television and movies in 1994 with Color of Night. He has written numerous movies including Volcano and Hart's War. He was one of the creators and writers of the science fiction show Earth 2.
Starting in 2003 he began to direct as well as write; his first film was Shattered Glass, the story of a reporter who invented his stories. He was nominated for the Most Promising Filmmaker by the Chicago Film Critics Association and an Independent Spirit Award for Best Screenplay for his work on this film. Breach (2007), which Ray co-wrote and directed, tells a similar story about Robert Hanssen, an FBI agent convicted of spying for the Soviet Union and later Russia for more than two decades, and Eric O'Neill, who worked as his assistant and helped bring about his downfall.
- Color of Night (1994)
- Earth 2 (1994–1995)
- The Shooter (1995)
- Volcano (1997)
- Legalese (1998)
- Hart's War (2002)
- Shattered Glass (2003)
- Suspect Zero (2004)
- Flightplan (2005)
- Breach (2007)
- State of Play (2009)
- The Hunger Games (2012)
- Captain Phillips (2013)
- "Production Credits: Color of Night". Allmovie. Retrieved 15 March 2010.
- "Production Credits: Volcano". Allmovie. Retrieved March 15, 2010.
- "Production Credits: Hart's War". Allmovie. Retrieved March 15, 2010.
- Hastings, Michael. "Overview: Shattered Glass". Allmovie. Retrieved 15 March 2010.
- "Awards: Billy Ray". Allmusic. Retrieved 15 March 2010.
- Buchanan, Jason. "Overview: Breach". Allmovie. Retrieved March 15, 2010.