|Province of Turkey|
|• Total||8,125 km2 (3,137 sq mi)|
|• Density||31/km2 (81/sq mi)|
|Per capita income||6,277 TL (73rd; 2011)|
Bingöl Province (Turkish: Bingöl ili is a province of Turkey in Eastern Anatolia. The province was created in 1946 out of parts of Elazığ and Erzincan. The new province was known as Çapakçur Province until 1950. Its neighbouring provinces are Tunceli, Erzurum, Muş, Diyarbakır, Erzincan and Elazığ. The province covers an area of 8,125 km² and has a population of 255,170. The main spoken languages are Turkish and Zazaki/ Kurdish. The capital is Bingöl.
Bingöl province is divided into 8 districts (capital district in bold):
- Turkish Statistical Institute, MS Excel document – Population of province/district centers and towns/villages and population growth rate by provinces
- "İşte Türkiye'nin en zengin illeri" [Here is the richest provinces of Turkey]. Kuzey Ekspres Gazetesi (in Turkish). 2011-09-07. Retrieved 2013-03-01.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Bingöl Province.|
- (Turkish) Bingöl governor's official website
- (Turkish) Bingöl municipality's official website
- (English) Bingöl weather forecast information
- (Turkish) Bingöl and Solhan local news website
|This geographical article about a location in Bingöl Province, Turkey is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|