Bingham High School
|Bingham High School|
|2160 W. 10400 S.
South Jordan, Utah, 84095
|Established||September 9, 1908|
|Color(s)||Royal Blue and White
Bingham High School is a public high school located in South Jordan, Utah, United States, and one of seven high schools in the Jordan School District. It was established in 1908 and is one of the oldest schools in Utah. As of the 2011–12 school year, it has an enrollment of 2,388 students in grades 10–12.
The Bingham High student government had its beginning sometime in the 1910s. The first student body president on record was Dewey Miller, who led the miner student body during the 1917/1918 school year. In the 1920s student government at Bingham consisted of three branches: executive, legislative, and judicial. The student body officers formed the executive branch with a president, vice president, secretary-treasurer, yell master, yearbook editor and business manager. The principal, representatives from all the classes, and two faculty members made up the legislative branch. The student body court, with a prosecuting attorney, judge, chief of police and a clerk handled the judicial duties of interpreting the school constitution and maintaining discipline.
Here is a list of some of the clubs at Bingham High School:
- Academic Decathlon
- Dance Company
- Future Business Leaders of America
- Future Farmers Association
- Health Occupations Students of America
- Key Club
- National Honor Society
- Political Science
- Speech and Debate Team
- Technology Student Association
- Marching Band
- Ultimate Disc (Frisbee)
- Wind Symphony
Bingham High School has an athletics department that includes the following sports:
- Minerette Drill Team
- Cross Country
- Ice Hockey
- Track and Field
- Jaime Bergman - Model and actress
- Kevin Curtis - Professional football player in the National Football League (NFL)
- Bruce Hardy - Professional football player in the NFL
- Chris Le (C-Le) - Director and designer
- Star Lotulelei - Professional football player in the NFL
- Ivy Baker Priest - United States Treasurer under Dwight D. Eisenhower
- Fred Roberts - Professional basketball player in the National Basketball Association (NBA)
- Gary Wilkinson - professional basketball player
- National Center for Education Statistics
- Bingham High School—The First Hundred Years by Scott Crump
- Bingham High School: Clubs/Organizations.
- Edward, James (May 31, 2011). "Utah high school All-Sports Awards: Bingham, Mountain Crest among champion schools". Deseret News. Retrieved July 26, 2014.
- "US Treasurer". Soylent Communications. Retrieved 30 September 2011.