From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Its probability density function is given by
which may also be written
- Bingham, Ch. (1974) "An antipodally symmetric distribution on the sphere". Annals of Statistics, 2(6):1201–1225.
- Onstott, T.C. (1980) "Application of the Bingham distribution function in paleomagnetic studies". Journal of Geophysical Research, 85:1500–1510.
- S. Teller and M. Antone (2000). Automatic recovery of camera positions in Urban Scenes
- "Belief Propagation with Directional Statistics for Solving the Shape-from-Shading Problem". Springer. 2008. Retrieved November 29, 2013.
- "Better robot vision: A neglected statistical tool could help robots better understand the objects in the world around them.". MIT News. October 7, 2013. Retrieved October 7, 2013.