||This article may be expanded with text translated from the corresponding article in the Chinese Wikipedia. (July 2012)|
|Binhai New Area|
TEDA within Binhai
|Country||People's Republic of China|
|Township-level divisions||19 subdistricts
|District Gov. Established||2009|
|• CPC Binhai District Secretary||He Lifeng (何立峰)|
|• District Governor||Zong Guoying (宗国英)|
|• Total||2,270 km2 (880 sq mi)|
|• Density||440/km2 (1,100/sq mi)|
|Time zone||China Standard (UTC+8)|
|Tianjin district map|
Binhai (simplified Chinese: 滨海; traditional Chinese: 濱海; pinyin: Bīnhǎi), officially known as Binhai New Area (滨海新区; 濱海新區; Bīnhǎi Xīnqū), is a state-level new area within the jurisdiction of Tianjin Municipality, People's Republic of China (PRC). It is located on the coast of the Bohai Sea east of Tianjin's main urban area, and is part of the Bohai Economic Rim. It is a new growth area in China, and as of the end of 2010, 285 Fortune Global 500 companies had invested and established branch offices here. Binhai is intended to be a base for China's advanced industrial and financial reform and innovation. A number of major companies including Rockefeller, Tishman Speyer, Motorola and Airbus have built branches here. For instance, EADS Airbus has already opened an assembly plant for its A320 series airliners, operational since 2009.
Starting from November 2009, Binhai New Area was consolidated into a district, and the former subordinate districts of Tanggu, Hangu and Dagang were abolished. Binhai New Area consists of nine functional zones: Advanced Manufacturing Zone, Airport-based Industrial Zone, Binhai High-tech Industrial Development Zone, Seaport based Industrial Zone, Nangang Industrial Zone, Seaport Logistics Zone, Coastal Leisure & Tourism Zone, Sino-Singapore Tianjin Eco-City and the Yujiapu Financial District. In addition, Tianjin Port whose throughput ranks 5th in the world is also located here.
- Xingang Subdistrict (新港街道), Xincun Subdistrict (新村街道), Xiangyang Subdistrict (向阳街道), Bohaishiyou Subdistrict (渤海石油街道), Xinhe Subdistrict (新河街道), Dagu Subdistrict (大沽街道), Beitang Subdistrict (北塘街道), Hangzhou Street Subdistrict (杭州道街道), Hujiayuan Subdistrict (胡家园街道), Hangu Subdistrict (汉沽街道), Zhaishang Subdistrict (寨上街道), Hexi Subdistrict (河西街道), Yingbin Subdistrict (迎宾街道), Shengli Subdistrict (胜利街道), Gulin Subdistrict (古林街道), Haibin Subdistrict (海滨街道), Gangxi Subdistrict (港西街道), Xinbei Subdistrict (新北街道), Yujiabao Subdistrict (于家堡街道)
- Xincheng (新城镇), Chadian (茶淀镇), Datian (大田镇), Yangjiabo (杨家泊镇), Taiping (太平镇), Xiaowangzhuang (小王庄镇), Zhongtang (中塘镇)
Binhai is located in the eastern part of the Bohai Sea region. It has an area of 3,000 km2 (1,200 sq mi), a coastline of 153 km (95 mi), and contains 700 km2 (270 sq mi) of water and wetlands.
Binhai New Area has 700 square kilometers (270 sq mi) of water and wetlands and a further 1,200 km2 (460 sq mi) of wasteland that is being re-developed into Saline land. It has proven oil resources totalling more than 100 million tons, and 193.7 billion cubic meters (6.84 trillion cubic feet) of natural gas.
- "2011年统计用区划代码和城乡划分代码：滨海新区" (in Simplified Chinese). National Bureau of Statistics of the People's Republic of China. Retrieved 2013-08-08.
- "联系我们." Master Kong. Retrieved on April 11, 2014. "总部地址:中国天津经济技术开发区第三大街15号"
- Official Government website
- Official Tianjin Media Gateway
- Renaissance Tianjin TEDA Convention Centre Hotel