|Headquarters||Telde, Gran Canaria, Spain|
|Key people||Pedro Agustín del Castillo Machado (CEO)|
Binter Canarias S.A. is an airline based in Telde, Gran Canaria, Spain. It is a regional carrier operating inter-island services within the Canary Islands, in addition to services to Morocco, and Portugal. The airline was named Europe's best regional airline in 2005 and, in September 2010, it was announced that the spanish carrier had won the European Regions Airline Association (ERA) Gold Award for the best Airline of the Year 2010/2011. Most flights traded as Binter Canarias are Naysa or Canarias Airlines flights, which have franchise agreements with Binter Canarias but stay completely independent companies.
The airline was established on 18 February 1988 and started operations on 26 March 1989. It was formed as a subsidiary of Iberia. In late 1999 SEPI (the Spanish state holding company of Iberia) implemented the privatisation of Binter Canarias, but held on to a "golden share", permitting it to authorise any future shareholding deal of more than 25%. However, the airline was wholly owned by Hesperia Inversiones Aéreas, which bought the airline in July 2002. It is now owned by Ilsamar Tenerife (49.81%), Ferma Canarias Electrica (10.44%), Agencia Maritima Afroamericana (10.11%), Flapa (10%) and others (19.6%) and has 406 employees.
Some of the owners of Binter Canarias decided to buy Navegacion y Servicios Aéreos Canarios (NAYSA) and to transfer some planes from Binter to NAYSA in order to reduce costs and increase benefits. Then Canarias Airlines was created with the same purpose. Nowadays, Binter Canarias owns 6 planes only and operates quite few of the flights traded with its name.
- Pedro Agustín del Castillo Machado - President and Chief Executive Officer
- Rodolfo Núñez Ruano - Vice President / Executive Officer
- Alfredo Morales Martín - Executive Officer
Members of the Board:
- Fernando del Castillo y Benítez de Lugo
- Miguel Escudero del Castillo
- Gilberto Morales Martín
- Rafael Plañol Lacalle
- Juan Miguel Sanjuan Jover
- Antonio Germán Suárez Domínguez
- Carlos Plasencia Romero
- Juan Luis Lorenzo Rodríguez
- José Enrique Núñez Ruano
- Carlos Cabrera Padrón - Secretary of the Board
- Jesús Santana Jubells - Director of Development and Strategy
- José Antonio Carrillo Romero - Operations Manager
- Anselmo Palacios Sánchez - Director of Finance Department
- Jose Luis Reina Delgado - Director of Communications and Public Relations and Director of Binter Centres in Tenerife
- Mª Eugenia Pérez Fernández De Burgos - Director of Human Resources
- Agustín Castillo Irazoqui - Director of Security
- Juan Manuel Pérez López - Director of Production
- Javier Delgado Patricio - Department of Information and Technology Systems
- Francisco de Borja Areilza Molet - Purchasing Director
BinterCanarias began operations as a regional airline and is currently the only one to operate in the eight airports of the Canaries. Binter also operates connections with Marrakech, Aaiun and Madeira. Binter has sales offices, Binter Vende, at the airports and, since 2005, the ground support service has been provided by Atlántica Handling. Since January 2008 the Technical assistance service for Binter aircraft has been provided by BinterTechnic.
Binter Canarias operates the following services (as of July 2012)
Binter Canarias began operations with a fleet of 4 CN-235, which ceased operating on the islands in 1997, and from 1995 to 1998 leased 3 DC-9s from Iberia. As of August 2013 Binter Canarias operates the following aircraft:
The average age of the Binter Canarias fleet is 8.4 years 
- Binter Mediterraneo - former sister airline of BC.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Binter Canarias.|