|Public (NASDAQ: BCRX)|
|Headquarters||Durham, North Carolina, USA|
|Jon P. Stonehouse , President and Chief Executive Officer
Thomas Staab II, Chief Financial Officer
|Revenue||US$26.3M (FY 2012)|
|US$-33.9M (FY 2012)|
|US$-39.1M (FY 2012)|
|Total assets||US$57.4M (FY 2012)|
|Total equity||US$-0.4M (FY 2012)|
Number of employees
BioCryst Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is a pharmaceutical company headquartered in Durham, North Carolina. The company focuses on orphan & autoimmune diseases, and antivirals. The company's most advanced drug candidate is the antiviral Peramivir, which is approved in Japan, Korea and China. It was authorized by the FDA for emergency use in the treatment of patients hospitalized with influenza during the 2009-10 influenza A virus subtype H1N1 pandemic.
The company was founded in 1986 by Charles E. Bugg, Ph.D. and John A. Montgomery, Ph.D. In March 1994, BioCryst became a public company when it completed an Initial Public Offering by listing its shares on the NASDAQ stock exchange. In 2008 the company was named one of the fastest growing companies by Deloitte & Touche in its 2008 list of Technology Fast 500.
- Peramivir is an intravenous (i.v.) antiviral drug being developed for the treatment of influenza. BioCryst expects to file for FDA approval before the end of 2013.
- BCX4161 is an orally administered inhibitor of plasma kallikrein entering Phase 2 development to prevent attacks in hereditary angioedema (HAE) patients.
- BCX4430 is an RNA dependent-RNA polymerase inhibitor that has demonstrated broad-spectrum activity for multiple viruses. Development of BCX4430 is funded under a U.S. Government contact of up to $22 million granted by the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) in September 2013.
- Forodesine HCl, investigational purine nucleoside phosphorylase (PNP) inhibitor for the treatment of T- and B-cell mediated disorders licensed to Mundipharma Research Ltd in Phase 2 development.
- BCX4208 is a second generation purine nucleoside phosphorylase inhibitor for the treatment of gout that has successfully completed Phase 2 development.
- BioCryst Pharmaceuticals (BCRX) annual SEC income statement filing via Wikinvest.
- BioCryst Pharmaceuticals (BCRX) annual SEC balance sheet filing via Wikinvest.
- "BioCryst Pharmaceuticals". BioCryst Pharmaceuticals. Retrieved September 26, 2013.
- "Emergency use authorization for the unapproved drug Peramivir". U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Retrieved October 28, 2009.[dead link]
- BioCryst named 29th fastest growing tech firm Birmingham Business Journal, November 26, 2008
- Ranii, David (October 14, 2010). "BioCryst moving HQ to Durham". News & Observer. Retrieved October 14, 2010.