Bioinformatics Open Source Conference
|Bioinformatics Open Source Conference|
|Location(s)||Dublin, Ireland (2015)|
|Previous event||BOSC 2014|
|Next event||BOSC 2015|
|Organised by||Peter Cock, Nomi L. Harris (2015 chairs)|
|Member||Open Bioinformatics Foundation|
The Bioinformatics Open Source Conference (BOSC) is an academic conference on open source programming in bioinformatics organised by the Open Bioinformatics Foundation. The conference has been held annually since 2000 and is run as a two-day satellite meeting preceding the Intelligent Systems for Molecular Biology (ISMB) conference.
The conference is held as a single track consisting of presentations, poster sessions and two keynote talks by people of influence in open source bioinformatics. NIH Associate Director for Data Science Philip Bourne and C. Titus Brown gave keynote talks at BOSC 2014. Since 2010, an informal two-day Codefest has been held directly preceding the conference.
- Harris, N. L.; Cock, P.; Chapman, B.; Goecks, J.; Hotz, H.-R.; Lapp, H. (14 July 2014). "The Bioinformatics Open Source Conference (BOSC) 2013". Bioinformatics. PMID 25024288.
- "BOSC 2015 - Open Bioinformatics Foundation". www.open-bio.org. Retrieved 5 February 2015.
- "BOSC 2014 Schedule - Open Bioinformatics Foundations". www.open-bio.org. Retrieved 20 July 2014.
- "Codefest - Open Bioinformatics Foundation". www.open-bio.org. Retrieved 20 July 2014.
- Möller, Steffen; Afgan, Enis; Banck, Michael; Cock, Peter J. A.; Kalas, Matus; Kajan, Laszlo; Prins, Pjotr; Quinn, Jacqueline; Sallou, Olivier; Strozzi, Francesco; Seemann, Torsten; Tille, Andreas; Valls Guimera, Roman; Katayama, Toshiaki; Chapman, Brad (14 October 2013). "Sprints, Hackathons and Codefests as community gluons in computational biology". EMBnet.journal 19 (B): 40. doi:10.14806/ej.19.B.726.
|This bioinformatics-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|