From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up biotic in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Biotic describes a living or once living component of a community; for example organisms, such as plants and animals. Biotic means living organisms
Biotic may refer to:
- Life, the condition of living organisms,
- Biology, the study of life,
- Biotic material, which is derived from living organisms,
- Biotic components in ecology,
- Biotic potential, an organism's reproductive capacity
- Biotic community, all the interacting organisms living together in a specific habitat
- Biotic energy, a vital force theorized by biochemist Benjamin Moore
Biotic may also refer to:
- Biotic Baking Brigade, an unofficial group of pie-throwing activists.
- Prebiotics are non-digestible food ingredients that stimulate the growth and/or activity of bacteria in the digestive system.
- Probiotics consist of a live culture of bacteria that inhibit or interfere with colonization by microbial pathogens
- Synbiotics refer to nutritional supplements combining probiotics and prebiotics.
- Postbiotics are the probiotic metabolic products that stimulate the growth and/or activity of bacteria in the digestive system.
- Antibiotics are agents that either kills bacteria or inhibits their growth.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Biotic.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.