Bir Salim (Arabic: بئر سالم) was a Palestinian Arab village in the Ramle Subdistrict of Mandatory Palestine. It was depopulated during the 1947–48 Civil War in Mandatory Palestine on May 9, 1948 by the Givati Brigade. It was located 4 km west of Ramla.
The population was 410 in 1945.
- ^ Morris, 2004, p xix village #248. Also gives cause of depopulation
- ^ Morris, 2004, p. xx, settlement #11.
- ^ Khalidi, 1992, p. 371.
||Wikimedia Commons has media related to Bir Salim.
- Hadawi, Sami (1970), Village Statistics of 1945: A Classification of Land and Area ownership in Palestine, Palestine Liberation Organization Research Center
- Khalidi, Walid (1992), All That Remains: The Palestinian Villages Occupied and Depopulated by Israel in 1948, Washington D.C.: Institute for Palestine Studies, ISBN 0-88728-224-5
- Morris, Benny (2004), The Birth of the Palestinian Refugee Problem Revisited, Cambridge University Press, ISBN 978-0-521-00967-6