|Elevation||6 m (20 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Village in Gop Tehsil|
Biratunga(Oriya: ବୀରତୁଂଗ) is one of the villages situated in the Gop tehsil of Puri district, Orissa, India. Biratunga is located approximately 3 kilometers away from its tehsil Gop town, 40.8 kilometers (50 minutes drive) away from Puri city and 68 kilometers ( 1 hour and 10 minutes drive) away from Bhubaneswar, the capital city of Orissa.
There are 60 garhs located at different places of Orissa including Biratunga. The central temple (Kendraasana Mandira-केंद्र आसन मंदिर) of Sadguru Swami Nigamananda and Nilachala Saraswata Sangha are located at Biratunga. Biratunga is also the birthplace of Shri Durga Charan Mohanty, one of the most eminent disciples of Sadguru Swami Nigamananda. It is believed that Shri Mohanty has undergone all religious and spiritual practices (sadhana) and attained enlightenment (siddhi) in Biratunga. He has written about 27 volumes of a series of religious/spiritual literature called sangha sevaka.
Villages under Biratunga panchayat
Rural Developments in Biratunga
Biratunga panchayats has undertaken various rural development works under Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MGNREGA) scheme. A skill development programme under Panchayati Raj department from Orissa Government has been implemented for rural village youths in orissa to enhance their skills for a secure employment. Biratunga is listed out of those villages from Puri district.  Biratunga was awarded "Niramal Gram Puraskar" by Government of India, Ministry of Rural Development of Drinking Water and Sanitation in year 2007 
Schools in Biratunga
Nearby Important Places
- Shyam Sunder Tripathy (1 January 1988). Buddhism and other religious cults of south-east India. BIRATUNGA is near Gop (Orissa). Sundeep Prakashan. p. 104. ISBN 978-81-85067-15-5. Retrieved 12 March 2012.
- Biratunga in Google Map
- Kedarnath Mahapatra; Orissa (India). Superintendent, Research and Museum; Orissa State Museum (1984). The Orissa historical research journal. Supt. of Research and Museum. p. 62. Retrieved 12 March 2012.
- India. Office of the Registrar of Newspapers; India. Office of the Registrar of Newspapers for India (1964). Press in India. SANGHA SEVAKA by Durga Charan Mohanty. Office of the Registrar of Newspapers. p. 335. Retrieved 12 March 2012.
- Villages under Biratunga Panchayat Sr 65-72
- Rural Development work Project: Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act in Biratunga Sr.48
- Fund Expenditure Summary Project by Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act
- Annual Report Govt of India Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports Page. 140 Sr.19
- SGSY - Skill Development Programme Panchayati Raj Department, Govt. of Orissa
- "Niramal Gram Puraskar" to Biratunga by Government of India Sr.3370
- Saraswat Bidyapitha, Biratunga located at Sr.No. 179
- Biratunga Biratunga grampanchayat - official website