From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Birkbeck can refer to:
- Sir Edward Birkbeck (1838–1907), a Conservative Party politician in the United Kingdom.
- Elena Birkbeck (1840-1897), first wife of William Knox D'Arcy, mining entrepreneur
- George Birkbeck (1776-1841), a doctor, academic, philanthropist and pioneer in adult education, founder of Birkbeck, University of London.
- John Birkbeck (1817–1890), a Yorkshireman, banker, alpinist, and pioneer potholer.
- Mike Birkbeck (born 1961), a former baseball player.
- Morris Birkbeck (1764–1825), early 19th century Illinois pioneer and publicist.
- Captain Robert Alexander Birkbeck, DFC, a British World War I flying ace.
- Simon Birckbek or Birkbeck (1584–1656), an English clergyman and controversialist.
- The Birkbeck Twins, collective professional name of artists Daniel (Dan) and Thomas (Tom) Birkbeck, best known for portraits of cue sports figures such as Willie Mosconi and Rudolph "Minnesota Fats" Wanderone
|This page or section lists people with the surname Birkbeck. If an internal link intending to refer to a specific person led you to this page, you may wish to change that link by adding the person's given name(s) to the link.|
- Birkbeck, University of London, a college of the University of London
- Birkbeck station, a railway station and tram stop in south London
- Birkbeck Stratford, the name for a project to expand the provision of part-time Higher Education in east London.
- Birkbeck Court, the oldest and largest student residence at the University of Strathclyde, Scotland.
- Birkbeck School and Community Arts College, a secondary school located in North Somercotes, near Louth in Lincolnshire, England.
- Birkbeck, Illinois, an unincorporated community in DeWitt County, Illinois, United States.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.