Birla Institute of Technology, Patna
|Birla Institute of Technology, Patna|
|Motto||सा विद्या या विमुक्तये|
|Motto in English||Learning is that which Liberates|
|Chairman||C. K. Birla|
|Chancellor||M. O. H. Farook|
|Director||Dr. S.L. Gupta|
|Location||Patna, Bihar, India
|Affiliations||Birla Institute of Technology, AICTE|
Birla Institute of Technology, Patna (BIT Patna or BIT-P; Hindi: बिरला प्रौद्योगिकी संस्थान, पटना) is an educational institution offering undergraduate courses in engineering and technology, located in Patna, Bihar, India. It is an extension center of Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, Ranchi.
The Patna Extension Centre of Birla Institute of Technology was established in 2006, as a result of an initiative from the Government of Bihar. The Patna Campus of the institute is first of its kind, dedicated fully to the course of Engineering & Technology. The institute is in well resonance with the main campus at Mesra Ranchi and there is a regular exchange of resources between the two campuses of BIT. All the departments and units are centrally coordinated by those at Mesra Main Campus and are an integral part of it. From the very first day classes were carried out in BIT Patna’s own campus, equipped with all necessary facilities and in an easily reachable locations. There are at present seven Academic Departments at the Patna Extension Centre of BIT.
The following Undergraduate courses are conducted at BIT Patna:-
- Bachelor of Engineering (B.E.) in Civil Engineering.
- Bachelor of Engineering (B.E.) in Computer Science.
- Bachelor of Engineering (B.E.) in Electrical & Electronics Engineering.
- Bachelor of Engineering (B.E.) in Electronics & Communication Engineering.
- Bachelor of Engineering (B.E.) in Information Technology.
- Bachelor of Engineering (B.E.) in Mechanical Engineering.
- Bachelor of Engineering (B.E.) in Production Engineering.
- Bachelor of Architecture (B.E).
Also the institute is going to begin courses on Management from the academic session 2013-2014.
The campus of the Institute at Patna is located between the Bihar Veterinary College and the Jai Prakash Narayan Airport, the campus has 25 acres of academic space, staff quarters, transit hostel, dispensary, play-ground, gymnasium,student activity centre, dancing room and an auditorium. Besides the college also has a local Police Station for security reasons.
The campus is entirely residential with accommodation facilities provided for all students in hostels on the campus. The college offers free transport bus facility to its students. The campus has three boys' hostel and one girls' hostel.it also has an ATM facility.The college is also equipped with a Central Library that is about to begin an online e-library system for greater benefits of the students. There is a future plan for further advanced development of the college campus.
Technika is the annual technical festival of BIT-P. Viola is the annual rock-show organized during Technika, where national and international rock bands like Strings and Underground Authority have performed. The college also organizes annual athletic-meet and inter-branch sport tournaments.
Youth Summits 2012
A final year student of Mechanical Engineering was selected to represent India as the Minister of Development in the G8 and G20 Youth Summits 2012 to be held at Washington D.C., U.S.A. from 3-9th June, 2012. He was a member of the five-member Indian delegation, selected to represent India at the Youth G20 summit. This delegation consists of students from IIM-C, IIM-Ranchi, BIT Patna, Rajiv Gandhi National Law Univ and Pune University.
- Roshan Kumar And Shuchismita Chakraborty (2013-11-28). "Time to explore past". Telegraphindia.com. Retrieved 2014-02-01.
- TNN Jan 12, 2013, 03.51AM IST (2013-01-12). "Birla Institute of Technology Patna students get tips from experts - Times Of India". Articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 2014-02-01.
- Roshan Kumar (2013-12-26). "Fair edge for tech students". Telegraphindia.com. Retrieved 2014-02-01.
- TNN Jan 4, 2014, 02.26AM IST (2014-01-04). "BITP to hold training programme for entrepreneurs - Times Of India". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 2014-02-01.
- Anisha Anand, TNN Jan 25, 2014, 02.47AM IST (2014-01-25). "Social premier league: CIMP, BITP, IITP win their first encounter - Times Of India". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 2014-02-01.
- Vithika Salomi, TNN Dec 11, 2013, 02.31AM IST (2013-12-11). "Parents want wards to go for tech education outside Bihar - Times Of India". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 2014-02-01.
- "अंतरराष्ट्रीय सम्मेलन में भाग लेने जापान जाएंगे बीआइटी के छात्र 9484463". Jagran.com. 2012-07-19. Retrieved 2014-02-01.
- "Campus Facilities". Bitmesra.ac.in. Retrieved 2014-02-01.
- Vithika Salomi, TNN Jan 15, 2014, 12.43AM IST (2014-01-15). "Fun-filled days for tech collegians in the offing - Times Of India". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 2014-02-01.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to BIT Patna.|
|This Indian university, college or other educational institution-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|