|Current region||Operating out of Delhi, Mumbai and Kolkata, India|
|Notable members||Ghanshyam Das Birla
Krishna Kumar Birla
Basant Kumar Birla
Aditya Vikram Birla
Chandra Kant Birla
Sudarshan Kumar Birla
The Birla family is a family connected with the industrial and social history of India. Shiv Narain Birla, a member of the Marwari community from Pilani in the westerly state of Rajasthan, traded in cotton and laid the foundation of the family's future business success by establishing a trading house in Bombay around 1857. His son, Baldeo Das Birla moved to Calcutta in 1861 to set up his own business. Baldeo Das was succeeded by four sons - Jugal Kishore, Rameshwar Das, Ghanshyam Das and Braj Mohan.
- K. K. Birla Foundation, established in 1991 by Krishna Kumar Birla, gives the annual awards like Saraswati Samman, Vyas Samman and G.D. Birla Award for Scientific Research.
- CK Birla Group - US$1.6 billion diversified conglomerate that has a history of enduring relationships with renowned global companies
- Yash Birla's business comes under stress | Business Standard
- The Birla Family Crisis - Case Studies, Case Study in Business, Management|Case Studies
- Battle for Billions: Birlas vs Lodhas : The Big Story - India Today
- What keeps the Marwaris thriving? - The Times of India
- "Govind Mishra gets Saraswati Samman 2013 for novel 'Dhool Paudhon Par'". Daily News & Analysis. 22 September 2014. Retrieved 2014-09-23.
|This article about an Indian company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|