From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Biron is the name of several communes in France:
- Biron, Charente-Maritime, in the Charente-Maritime département
- Biron, Dordogne, in the Dordogne département
- The Château de Biron, in the Dordogne, France
- Biron, Pyrénées-Atlantiques, in the Pyrénées-Atlantiques département
- United States
- Armand de Gontaut, baron de Biron (1524–1592), a celebrated French soldier
- Charles de Gontaut, duc de Biron (1562–1602), a French marshal, son of Armand de Biron
- Armand Louis de Gontaut (1747–1793), known as Biron, soldier and politician
- Ernst Johann von Biron, (1690–1769), Russian regent 1740, sovereign Duke of Courland (1737–40, 1763–72)
- Peter von Biron, (1724–1800), sovereign Duke of Courland (1769–95), son of Ernst Johann von Biron
- Martin Biron, an NHL goalie.
- Mathieu Biron, an ice hockey defenceman, brother of Martin Biron
- Photos by Biron, a photographer specializing in multicultural male images.
- Biron, original name of the centaur who later became Comet (DC Comics)
- Biron (or Berowne), a light-headed, light-tongued lord in the suite of the King of Navarre, in Shakespeare's Love's Labor's Lost
- Biron, a character in the tragedy The Fatal Marriage, by Thomas Southerne; the husband of Isabella, and much-wronged brother of Carlos
- The Conspiracy and Tragedy of Charles, Duke of Byron, a play of 1608 by George Chapman
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.