Birth of Joy
|Birth of Joy|
Kevin Stunneberg of Birth Of Joy in Enschede 2012
Birth of Joy is a Dutch rock band, founded in 2005 at the Utrecht-based Herman Brood Academy. After many live performances in the Netherlands, the band was signed by Dutch indie label Suburban Records following a performance at the Zwarte Cross Festival 2011. After further shows at the Rencontres Trans Musicales in France and the Eurosonic Noorderslag festival in Groningen, supported by Rockpalast, the group became known outside the Netherlands.
The band's music is influenced by the blues and psychedelic rock scene of the late 1960s and early 1970s, but also borrowing from rock 'n' roll and boogie-woogie.
The band's name is a reference to Friedrich Nietzsche's The Birth of Tragedy.
- Make Things Happen (CD, 2010, self-published)
- Make Things Happen (EP, 2011 Suburban Records)
- Make Things Happen (CD, 2011, Suburban Records, new cover design)
- Life in Babalou (LP + CD, 2012 Suburban Records)
- The Sound of Birth of Joy (Compilation, CD, 2013, Modulor / Grand Palais)
- Prisoner (CD, 2014)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Birth of Joy.|
- "Birth Of Joy « Suburban Records Suburban Records". Suburban.nl. Retrieved 2013-09-03.
- "Birth Of Joy - Rockpalast - Rockpalast - WDR Fernsehen". Wdr.de. 2013-02-25. Retrieved 2013-09-03.