Biscayne Park, Florida
|Biscayne Park, Florida|
Location in Miami-Dade County and the state of Florida
U.S. Census Bureau map showing village boundaries
|• Mayor||David J. Coviello|
|• Village||0.6 sq mi (1.6 km2)|
|• Land||0.6 sq mi (1.6 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2) 0%|
|Elevation||7 ft (2 m)|
|• Density||4,843.1/sq mi (1,869.9/km2)|
|Time zone||EST (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|Area code(s)||305, 786|
|GNIS feature ID||0278854|
Biscayne Park is a village in Miami-Dade County, Florida, United States. Biscayne Park was developed in the 1920s by Arthur Griffing. Biscayne Park was originally a neighborhood of the City of Miami when it was annexed into the City of Miami in 1925. With the arrival of the Great Depression, the City of Miami gave up its jurisdiction and Biscayne Park was incorporated as its own town in 1931. In 1933, the town changed its name to the Village of Biscayne Park.
- North Miami
- North Miami North Miami
- Unincorporated Miami-Dade County Unincorporated Miami-Dade County
- Miami Shores Miami Shores
- Miami Shores
As of the census of 2000, there were 3,269 people, 1,283 households, and 831 families residing in the village. The population density was 5,147.0 inhabitants per square mile (1,972.1/km²). There were 1,341 housing units at an average density of 2,111.4 per square mile (809.0/km²). The racial makeup of the village is 72.22% White (50.7% were Non-Hispanic White,) 18.51% African American, 0.67% Native American, 2.72% Asian, 0.00% Pacific Islander, 2.51% from other races, and 3.36% from two or more races. 26.52% of the population are Hispanic or Latino of any race.
There were 1,283 households out of which 31.3% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 44.9% were married couples living together, 14.8% had a female householder with no husband present, and 35.2% were non-families. 25.0% of all households were made up of individuals and 7.2% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.55 and the average family size was 3.12.
In the village the population was spread out with 23.8% under the age of 18, 6.3% from 18 to 24, 34.1% from 25 to 44, 24.6% from 45 to 64, and 11.3% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 37 years. For every 100 females there were 93.5 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 89.8 males.
The median income for a household in the village was $48,313, and the median income for a family was $53,409. Males had a median income of $39,964 versus $33,125 for females. The per capita income for the village was $22,923. About 9.5% of families and 12.0% of the population were below the poverty line, including 18.8% of those under age 18 and 7.3% of those age 65 or over.
As of 2000, Bisacyne Park had the seventy-third highest percentage of Colombian residents in the US, with 2.05% of the US populace. It had the fifty-seventh highest percentage of Cuban residents in the US, at 6.64% of the village's population, and the seventeenth highest percentage of Haitian residents in the US, at 9.20% of the its population. It also had the fourteenth highest percentage of Peruvians, at 2.48% of all residents (tied with Glen Cove, New York,)  while Biscayne Park's Honduran community had the twenty-sixth highest percentage of residents, which was at 1.38% of the population. It is also home to the nineteenth highest percentage of Lebanese residents in the US, at 1.70% of the population (tied with nine other US areas, which included Tierra Verde, FL.)
Biscayne Park has the highest millage rate in all of Miami-Dade County, which is currently at 8.9933, and a combined millage rate of 27.1526.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "Demographics of Biscayne Park, FL". MuniNetGuide.com. Retrieved 2007-12-17.
- "MLA Data Center Results of Biscayne Park, FL". Modern Language Association. Retrieved 2007-10-29.
- "Ancestry Map of Colombian Communities". Epodunk.com. Retrieved 2007-10-29.
- "Ancestry Map of Cuban Communities". Epodunk.com. Retrieved 2007-10-29.
- "Ancestry Map of Haitian Communities". Epodunk.com. Retrieved 2007-10-29.
- "Ancestry Map of Peruvian Communities". Epodunk.com. Retrieved 2007-10-29.
- "Ancestry Map of Honduran Communities". Epodunk.com. Retrieved 2007-10-29.
- "Ancestry Map of Lebanese Communities". Epodunk.com. Retrieved 2007-10-29.
- Village of Biscayne Park official site