Bishakha Datta at Wikimedia Conference 2013
Bishakha Datta is an Indian film maker, activist and a former journalist. She is the co-founder and executive director of Point of View, based in Mumbai, a non-profit working in the area of gender, sexuality and women's rights. She also serves on the board of nonprofit organizations, such Creating Resources for Empowerment in Action, and the Wikimedia Foundation (2010-2014), where she was the first Indian to be appointed on Wikimedia board of trustees.
Life and works
In 1998, Datta edited And Who Will Make the Chapatis?, an overview of the all-women political panchayats formed in Maharashtra, India. In 2003, her documentary In the Flesh: three lives in prostitution was released.
- Kurup, Deepa (April 14, 2010). "And now, Wikipedia India's new face". The Hindu. Retrieved 2014-11-05.
- "Board". Point of View. Retrieved 2014-11-05.
- "Press releases: Bishakha Datta to join Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees". Wikimedia Foundation. April 5, 2010. Retrieved 2014-11-05.
- "Q&A with Bishakha Datta: First Indian on Wikimedia board of trustees". Mint (newspaper). April 6, 2010. Retrieved 6 April 2010.
- "Book Review: And Who Will Make the Chapatis?". SAWNET. 2009-02-16. Retrieved 2010-11-27.
- "The Hindu : Sex, truth, and videotape". The Hindu. 2002-08-29. Retrieved 2010-11-27.
- Kanika Sharma (15 Nov 2013). "Flesh Talkies". MiD DAY. Retrieved 2014-11-05.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Bishakha Datta.|
|This article about an Indian journalist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|