From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Bismillah (Arabic: بسم الله ) is an Arabic phrase meaning in the name of God. It may be used as follows:
- as the first part of the Basmala phrase in the Quran
- Bismillah ceremony, a ceremony held for a child's initiation into Islam
- Bismillah Airlines, Bangladesh
- Bismillah Chowk, neighbourhood in Karachi, Pakistan
- Bismullah v. Gates, United States Court of Appeal case, on behalf of Bismullah, Guantanamo detainee 968, an Afghan
- Bismillah Khan (1916–2006), Indian classical musician
- Bismillah (Guantanamo detainee 658) (born 1952), Afghan
- Bismillah Khan Mohammadi (born 1961), Afghan politician
- Bismillah Afghanmal, Afghan politician
- Nacim Bismilla, character in the HBO drama Oz
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.