|Known for||Surrealism, Illustrations, Fairytales, Biology, Fitness|
|Spouse(s)||Bülent Düz (m. 2014)|
Bissan Rafe (Arabic: بيسان رافع ) is an American visual artist of Palestinian origin living and working in Houston, Texas. She established Nohra-Studio in Houston back in 2007. Her work has been exhibited in various galleries and biennials throughout the world including: USA, Italy, Portugal, Germany, Japan, UK and Palestine.
Bissan's artwork ranges from political cartoons, oil paintings, illustrations and literature. Her art connects the concept of world culture and folklore with a Palestinian theme. She is also noted for her unique fiction writings and illustrated novelettes in the literary fiction anthology Μυρτισα II: The Perfect Work, a 4 volume series that includes four semi-illustrated stories in chronological order: Grandlazar, Veilchen, Verlassen and Repressalie).
|Part of a series on|
|Religion / Religious sites|
|List of Palestinians|
- Shamms Islet: a dual publication, the first a folkloric novelette and the second an illustrated fairytale, which links Eastern to Western Asian cultures as seen through the eyes of a westerner. The story focuses mainly on the folklore of their countries: Palestine, Japan and Texas (USA). The story work was done in a series of Artist in Residence research the artist undertook from 2011-2013 in the previous fore-mentioned countries.
- Kura, Studio. "Bissan Rafe’s exhibition “Water Waves Fairytales”". Retrieved 21 February 2014.
- Cao, Federico (2012). "Palestinian Folkloric Fairytales: Painter Bissan Rafe". The Palestine Chronicle. Retrieved 12 March 2012.
- Cao, Federico (2012). "Palestinian Fairytale to Hit Asia and Europe Art Scene". The Deliberation Future Journalism. Retrieved 13 March 2012.
- Palestinian Women, LLC Book Groups. LLC books. 2010. ISBN 978-1157389750.
- The Palestine Chronicle (2010). Palestinian Art "Gallery". Retrieved 3 May 2010.
- Sharon Herdian (2006). Anti Thesis Art Magazine "Autumn Issue". Retrieved 9 March 2012.
- Palestinian Visual Arts: News and Reviews at IMEU.net "Art of Palestine". Review. IMEU. 2010. Retrieved 15 April 2010.
- Jason Forbus (2011). "Art of the Palestinian diaspora". Review. Maan News Agency. Retrieved 2 June 2011.
- Il Blu Silente, Jason R. Forbus. Lulu. 2011. ISBN 978-1446149508.
- Art Of The Palestinian Diaspora: The Voice Of A Generation, Jason R. Forbus. Lulu. 2011. ISBN 1447872746.