Bivin of Gorze
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Bivin of Gorze (810/830–863) was a Frank from the Bosonid-family. He was married to a daughter of Boso the Elder, who may have been called Richildis. During his life he functioned as lay abbot of the Gorze Abbey. His offspring includes:
- Richildis, who married king Charles the Bald;
- Richard the Justiciar, Duke of Burgundy;
- Boso, king of the Provence;
- possibly Bivin, count of Metz.
- Pierre Riche, The Carolingians:The Family who forged Europe, transl. Michael Idomir Allen, (University of Pennsylvania Press, 1983), 198.
- Christian Settipani, La Préhistoire des Capétiens, Premiere Partie: Mérovigiens, Carolingiens et Robertiens.
- Pierre Riché, The Carolingians, a family who forged Europe.