Bjerknes Centre for Climate Research
The centre was started in 2000 and is a co-operation between University of Bergen, Institute of Marine Research, the Nansen Environmental and Remote Sensing Center and Uni Research. The centre was part of Research Council of Norway's Centre of Excellence program from 2003 to 2013. Eystein Jansen headed the centre from 2000 to 2013, while Tore Furevik has been director since 2014.
Researchers from the Bjerknes Centre have taken part in the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change assessment reports; Eystein Jansen as one of the lead authors in the fourth report and upcoming fifth report.
- An excellent research centre on the top of Europe Bjerknes Centre. Retrieved 19 January 2014
- Ida W. Bergstrøm (18 December 2014) Ny direktør på Bjerknessenteret (Norwegian) På høyden. Retrieved 19 January 2014
- Furevik is new Director Bjerknes centre. Retrieved 19 January 2014
- Mette Mila (6 September 2012) Suksessen Bjerknessenteret (Norwegian) Research Council of Norway. Retrieved 19 January 2014
- Norske forskere i IPCC-arbeidsgrupper (Norwegian) Miljødirektoratet. Retrieved 19 January 2014
|This article about a scientific organization is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|