The artificial lake Blåsjø and Storvassdammen
|Total capacity||3.1 km3 (0.74 cu mi)|
|Surface area||84.48 km2 (32.62 sq mi)|
|Normal elevation||930–1,055 m (3,051–3,461 ft)|
|Official name||Kvilldal Hydroelectric Power Station|
|Nameplate capacity||1,240 MW|
|Official name||Saurdal Hydroelectric Power Station|
|Nameplate capacity||640 MW|
|Official name||Hylen Hydroelectric Power Station|
|Location||Hylsfjord in Suldal|
|Nameplate capacity||160 MW|
Ulla-Førre is a hydropower complex in Suldal, Hjelmeland and Bykle in Norway. It has an installed capacity of approximately 2,100 MW, and the annual average production is 4.45 TWh (16.0 PJ) (1987-2006), while its annual potential is about 7.8 TWh (28 PJ). The complex includes the artificial lake Blåsjø, which is made by dams around 1,000 metres (3,300 ft) above the sea level. The hydroelectric power station in the complex are Saurdal, Kvilldal, Hylen and Stølsdal, operated by Statkraft.
Blåsjø is the tenth largest lake in Norway by area. It is located in the municipality of Bykle in Aust-Agder county and the municipalities of Hjelmeland and Suldal in Rogaland county. The lake is about 20 kilometres (12 mi) west of the village of Bykle. It has a surface area of 84.48 square kilometres (32.62 sq mi). Its surface swings between 930 and 1,055 metres (3,051 and 3,461 ft) above sea level depending on seasonal weather and power consumption, and it has a shoreline of about 200 kilometres (120 mi).
Kvilldal Power Station
The Kvilldal Power Station is a located in the municipality of Suldal. The facility operates at an installed capacity of 1,240 MW, making it the largest power station in Norway in terms capacity.
Saurdal Power Station
The Saurdal Power Station is a hydroelectric and pumped-storage power station located in the municipality of Suldal. The facility operates at an installed capacity of 674 MW (in 2015). The average energy absorbed by pumps per year is 1,189 GWh (4,280 TJ) (in 2009 to 2012). The average annual production is 1,335 GWh (4,810 TJ) (up to 2012).
Hylen Power Station
The Hylen Power Station is located at the bottom of Hylsfjord in Suldal. It operates at an installed capacity of 160 MW, with an average annual production of 583 GWh (2,100 TJ). The plant exploits water through a tunnel from the lake Suldalsvatnet.
- "Blåsjø" (in Norwegian). Store norske leksikon. Retrieved 2010-05-16.
- Vinjar, Asbjørn (2007). "Kvilldal kraftstasjon". In Henriksen, Petter. Store norske leksikon (in Norwegian). Oslo: Kunnskapsforlaget. Retrieved 14 December 2009.
- Rosvold, Knut A. "Saurdal kraftverk". In Henriksen, Petter. Store norske leksikon (in Norwegian). Oslo: Kunnskapsforlaget. Retrieved 15 August 2011.
- Rosvold, Knut A. "Hylen kraftverk". In Henriksen, Petter. Store norske leksikon (in Norwegian). Oslo: Kunnskapsforlaget. Retrieved 20 August 2011.
- Arne G. Pleym, Erik Tøndevold, Karl Ystanes (2007): Ulla-Førre 1982-2007. Published by Statkraft Energi AS - Region Vest-Norge