Black Dog Books
|Parent company||Walker Books|
|Country of origin||Australia|
|Headquarters location||Fitzroy, Victoria|
|Fiction genres||Children's literature|
Black Dog Books was an independent publisher and production house based in Fitzroy, Victoria, Australia. In 2011 the company was acquired by Walker Books and turned into an imprint. They publish books in all genres but focus mainly on children's literature.
Black Dog Books publish books in all genres but have a main focus on children's literature. The company's books are distributed in Australia by Murdoch Books, New Zealand by Scholastic Corporation, and in South Africa by Rynew Educational Enterprises. Black Dog Books is also a production house, producing books for Horwitz Martin and Pearson Education. The company has published multiple award winning and short-list nominee titles. Their first winning title was in 2002 with When Mum Was Little by Mini Goss which won the Crichton Award for Children's Book Illustration. A notable author that they publish is Carole Wilkinson whose works published by Black Dog Books have won more than five awards, including the Children's Book of the Year Award: Younger Readers and the Aurealis Award for best young-adult novel. Other winning authors include Sue Lawson, Mark Norman, Pamela Freeman, Danny Katz, Ben Beaton, Leon Davidson, and Paula Hunt.
- "Black Dog Books". Australian Book Group. Retrieved 2010-05-16.
- "About". Black Dog Books. Retrieved 2010-05-16.
- "Our Awards". Black Dog Books. Retrieved 2010-05-16.
- "The Crichton Award for Children's Book Illustration". Children's Book Council of Australia. Retrieved 2010-05-16.
- "Winners 2000 - 2006". Children's Book Council of Australia. Retrieved 2010-05-16.
- "The Locus Index to SF Awards: 2004 Aurealis Awards". Locus Online. Retrieved 2010-05-16.
- "Black Dog Books". Walker Books. Archived from the original on 2011-01-20. Retrieved 2012-01-20.
|This article about a publishing company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|