Black House (film)
Korean theatrical poster
|Revised Romanization||Geom-eun Jib|
|Directed by||Shin Tae-ra|
|Produced by||Kim Bong-seo
|Written by||Lee Yeong-jong
|Based on||The Black House
by Yusuke Kishi
|Music by||Choi Seung-hyun|
|Edited by||Nam Na-yeong|
|Distributed by||CJ Entertainment|
|Running time||104 minutes|
Black House (Korean: 검은 집) is a 2007 South Korean horror film directed by Shin Tae-ra, that is based on the popular Japanese novel of the same title (called Kuroi Ie) by Yusuke Kishi. A Japanese version of the film was made in 1999. The story centers on an insurance investigator that suspects a family murdered their son to receive his insurance policy.
During his first day as an insurance investigator, Jeon Joon-oh, receives a phone call from a lady enquiring if a life insurance policy could be collected if someone commits suicide. A few days later Joon-oh is asked to personally come to the home of an insurance policy holder.
When Joon-oh arrives at their home he is greeted by a grim man. They talk for a little while, before the father asks the insurance agent to go into their son’s room and have a talk with him. When the insurance agent opens the son’s door he finds the boy hanging from a noose, dead from an apparent suicide.
The father then shows up Joon-oh’s office and asks for the money pertaining to his son’s life insurance policy. Joon-oh is suspicious of the man and tells him he has to wait until the coroner’s report comes in. The man becomes furious and then leaves. The father returns the next day and the next day and the next day. Finally Joon-oh’s boss decides to pay the man his son’s life insurance policy. Joon-oh’s life doesn’t return to normal and in fact descends further downward because of a stalker that may well be the insurance policy holder that they just paid off.
- Hwang Jung-min as Jeon Joon-oh, an insurance investigator
- Yoo Sun as Shin Yi-hwa
- Kang Shin-il as Park Choong-bae
- Kim Seo-hyung as Jang Mi-na
- Kim Jeong-seok as Chief Nam
- Yoo Seung-mok as Ma Yong-sik
- Jeong In-ki as police detective Oh
- "Box office by Country: Black House Box Office Mojo. Retrieved 2012-06-04
- "The Black House". Newtype USA. 7 (2) p. 62. February 2008. ISSN 1541-4817.
- Black House at the Internet Movie Database
- Black House at HanCinema
- Black House at Naver (Korean)
- Black House at Cine 21 (Korean)